• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (from EU) Zakuri Kurouchi Sabaki Bocho 150mm Blue #1 (from JKI)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I took a long time to take this decision, but finally I am selling my Zakuri Kurouchi Sabaki Bocho in Blue #1 with 150mm blade. I got this knife earlier this year from Jon @ JKI. The purpose intended were tougher tasks around meet in kitchen (de-boning etc), but somehow this knife does not fit my style. This knife can definitely do tougher tasks in the kitchen. If you want to work around the bones on regular basis I would propose chaining the blades geometry a bit (to make the edge stronger). This knife would be also great for somebody learning hand sharpening - the Blue #1 feels great on stones.

The condition:
The knife has been sharpened 3 times since new - last time just 2 days ago, so it will arrive nicely sharp. There are sharpening marks on the blade (and two small spots on the ferule where I accidentally touched the stone during sharpening), but I managed to keep the Kurouchi untouched. There is NO rust. The blade was oiled with camellia oil after sharpening - the handle (HO wood and water buffalo horn ferule) got bee's wax & oil treatment

Design:
150mm strong blade - there is absolutely NO flex. The blade has simple "shape" - the angles change only very slightly where the kurouchi starts. I would not describe this knife as "wide bevel".

Size/weight:
weight: 114g
blade is 150mm hell-to-tip
height at the heel: 37mm
width at the heel: 4.7mm
width at 1/2 the length: 3.3mm
width 1cm from the tip: 1.5mm

Price:
85€ + shipping from Germany (the knife is $140 new and then needs to be imported to EU)
The knife will come packed in its original box.

Payment:
PayPal or money transfer

I will gladly answer your questions.

Now some photos:

great little knife, I love mine. Can do small fish, break down poultry, and work as a petty too in a pinch.

.. bump ..

P.S. Shipping to most countries is possible as a letter so the cost is only around 4€

another bump for you. great knife, shocked it's still around. i broke down a goat earlier this week with just this guy and a bone saw.

Free bump. I already own a Honesuki to perform the task this knife is meant to do. If I hadnt this would be on its way to NL. Good luck selling it!

Thank you guys. A few more bumps like these and you will persuade me to keep the knife :)

To comply with the B/S/T guidelines:

$95 or 70€ shipped anywhere in the world (as a letter).

PM incoming. I will take this please, if still available.

Thanks.

Back