• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FT; Mario Ingoglia Gyuto for a JNat

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orange

Reaction score
I am offering one of my beloved Gyuto, 270mm Mario Gyuto, for a decent finishing/polishing Japanese natural stones.
I am not a professional - just a home cook and did not use it much - probably cut a couple of onions/potatoes/apples since I got this knife. It's been in a drawer for the last six months.

I traded my 240mm Shigefusa kasumi gyuto for it when it was on bst for trade;
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/11516-Ft-270mm-Ingoglia-gyuto?highlight=

The state of the knife is the same except that I applied tru-oil on the handle - trust me it looks great unless you don't want a little glossy look.

It is also reviewed once here
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/10588-Mario-Ingoglia-270-Gyuto-Review?highlight=

You can see Mario's original posting in his subforum here
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/10279-270mm-Gyuto

Let me know what you have.

Thanks. K

still avail for trade.
I'd like a finishing stone on a little thicker side (min. 3cm and up) and $4xx range if possible.

Thanks.

It would be worth the trouble of buying a stone just to trade it for this knife.

Good luck with the trade.

Thanks.

If I can't trade in 24 hours, I will sell it to buy a stone. :)

I suspect you'll have a tough time trading now that you've hinted at selling it. Probably got folks lined up for it!

I suspect you'll have a tough time trading now that you've hinted at selling it. Probably got folks lined up for it!

My impatience kills a trade? hopely not...but either works; In the end, I will get the stone that I'd like. :bliss:

What kind of finishing stone are you looking for? Any particular mine/color/hardness/etc?

What kind of finishing stone are you looking for? Any particular mine/color/hardness/etc?

Even if I have a JNat at home - I have a finishing JNat from the aframes a couple of years ago that has given me satisfaction but it is a smaller stone than I hope it to be.

What I am looking for is something decent that I will appreciate down the road in case that my current sharpening skill won't bring out its full potential.
What I'd like is
- lv3.5 and up
- well known mines such as Nakayama, Ohira, Ozuku, and Shobutani
- a full size stone with thickness being 3cm+ if possible
- price range bet. $400 and $600
- no preference for appearance

Yeh, I am picky :O but someone should has it for sure, right?

Alright...have to proceed...$400 shipped for US.

Thanks, K

Damn the luck, I just bought 2 other knives or this would be gone!!

Glen

Oh man, looks like I'll be missing out on this guy once again! Damn the luck, again indeed

Bump...this is on sale now $400 shipped.
Still open for a trade though with a stone in $400~$600 range; I will pay money for the differece.

Back