Quantcast
Gift Ideas for Yourself
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift Ideas for Yourself

Gift Ideas for Yourself

I am very much an impulse buyer, so if I actually want something, and it is not too expensive for a gift, I probably already have it. I always forget to put a few things off this time of year for family to be able to get it, so I always draw a blank on the question "so what do you want this year?".

Any suggestions on something I might not know I want but probably don't have? Say $50 or so, up to $100.

What has been your answer to the same question from friends and family?

I save cookbooks I want for this. Also spices and coffee are things I dont mind asking for.

Do you have one of Markos strops?
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I asked my wife for a Semogue Shaving Brush...or rather, I hinted.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Name:  scooby.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  21.6 KB
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by mkriggen View Post
    I have one right next to my "Clapper"

Could ask for some misc computer hardware, such as a new (faster?) wireless router, external hard drive, new keyboard, etc. Camera accessories are also good if you have a DSLR. Fresh pasta, sausages, Italian cookies, etc. from places in Philadelphia (mail order) are good as well. More spoons for cooking/ serving, spatulas, good whisks, etc. are also always welcome. Selection of different Pyrex measuring cups (up to 4 or 8 cups). Canisters for sugars, flours, etc. Corkscrews? Restaurant-size rolls of saran wrap and aluminum foil (waaaay cheaper than buying small rolls at grocery store). Big bag of arborio rice for risotto. Big bag of cornmeal/ polenta. Gallon container of decent XVOO that is okay for cooking (restaurant store again). USB thumb drive(s).

I briefly saw a Chia Pet for Duck Dynasty....I don't think it was fake...that would be too much to hope for.

Spices are interesting. I have a supply of pepper from pepper passion, but what would you recommend?

I have a decent supply of strops, but not Marko. I have a few leather and felt left to go so probably not looking, but nice suggestion. Probably good on stones as well at this point (for the current state of my sharpening...have not gotten into naturals yet).

This is what I bought for myself this year. The coolest watch on the market, the Pebble!

[/URL]
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

LOL, I am interested in how the phone watches turn out, but I have actively mocked my CFO after watching him talk into one....or at least trying to. I don't see it, but most of the next big things teach us that we do not know what we want next.

Thank you for the suggestions David. I should have asked this a month ago to see if we could get a Damascus spoon order or something going. As for computer equipment I think I am good, although you reminded me I need to get something for my folks. Their wireless router does not give great coverage around their house (concrete base is probably the cause) and need to look for some kind of amplifier to project stronger upstairs.

A Del paring knife would have been good, although I bought two to give as gifts....but will probably end up keeping one (kind of intended).

+ Reply to Thread