PDX suggestions?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a ton. what interests you? hard to pack it all in a short visit.

We went to PDX this summer and had lunch at Andina. It was very good.

Had to google Pdx. It's the Portland State U. Not sure how why its not PSU.

PDX is just a short hand for portland as it stands. Portland State is PSU. If you're looking for beer, check out breakside brewing in NE or basecamp in SE as two new joints that are doing good things. Saraveza up in north portland has a great tap list. Food... well it's hard unless you wanna help narrow it down.

Kind of depends on what you are looking for but Portland pretty much has it all. My brew pub is the Lucky Labrador. Pok Pok is good as is Le Pigeon or Horn of Africa. If you want classic Oregon frontier, try Jake's Crawfish. Kind of like stepping back to 1890.

man..i really wanted to love POK POK. i really did. went there twice on two separate trips.

i love portland btw. but POK POK (to me) is so meh. good? yes!! but not worth the long waits, and prices. maybe just living in the bay area and having access to inexpensive food from the same region has tainted me.

last time, we did the togo window. my wife ordered some wings. i almost laughed at the order. i think there was five wings. hot, spicy..but missing that perfect spicy-sweet-salty perfect balance thai food is special for.

salt and Straw has the best vanilla malt milk shake i have ever tasted in my entire life. no joke. it was like a choir of angels singing in my mouth. damn.

that POK POK togo night? i expected to starve, so i jogged to a nearby restaurant to grab a few pork sandwiches. i got three and cut them up. my friends gobbled them up..everyone agreed the sandwich was more satisfying than the thai food.

F pok pok. My favorite thai in this city is a tie (haha!) between Paadee (Earl, the chef, is gonna be launching a tasting menu soon) and Chang Mai. Both are pretty unreal. I had a linecook come to my job one time looking for work, said he'd just been fired at pok pok without notice and when he asked for a reason the manager said they were too busy to answer and that he'd have to come back 5 days later for an exit interview.

Latest posts

Back