• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Yoshikane SKD 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
San Mai blade: SKD steel laminated by soft SUS-405 stainless steel. Great knife, sharpens rather easily, not that far off from carbon IMO, takes a very keen edge.

Knife has had a some work put into it; has been thinned by previous owner and myself, it does have less steel than out of the box as some of the thinning has been taken up into the hammer finish, with some extra work further up the tip for improved tip work. Much much better performance than out of the box IMO.

Brand new custom handle - beautiful Lignum Vitae, blackwood Ferrule, and white bone cap; really a great handle with lots of detail, and feels great in the hand.

Need to sell just to cover some new knives.

$285 shipped Con-US

aSAD.jpgasasa.jpgunnssssamed.jpg

I have this knife in 240 and 210 slightly reworked and they are pretty much my favorites. GLWS

Glen

Have one also & its up there with my favorites. Hell of a knife, GLWS

I'll chime in here too. I have mine at 15 degrees per side and it is a sweet cutter. I'd consider buying this one if I had more money. Nice handle.

I would just say (as an owner of Yoshikane 80mm SKD petty) that this steel is pretty much amazing - takes great edge very quickly, holds it for a long time and with little maintenance it stays patina free.

Back