Quantcast
Wide bevel gyuto's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide bevel gyuto's

I have Heiji, Kochi & Yoshikane SLD, they outperforming many of my custom knives & laser gyuto(both in cutting performance & food release) ! you have to sharpening entire wide bevel under shinogi line with hamaguri edge...very similar sharpen on a single bevel knife, you sharpening & thinning at same-time. my next wide bevel knife will be Marko's heavy chef, Gesshin Kagekiyo or custom Takeda.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Love the looks of both the Heiji & Kagekiyo carbons.I'm sure they are better in person than the photo's

Gesshin Kagekiyo is an awesome wide beveled knife! I also really like the Gesshin Heiji and kochi for wide beveled knives. Some of my favorite cutters for sure! I also have to agree that they are fun to sharpen and as long as you maintain the wide bevel really well, they don't get thick behind the edge.

-Chuck

Thank KKF this was a lot of help.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

And yes it is the blue steel Konsuke fujiyamas I was thinking about.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson