10 Reasons you can't be a professional chef....(well, 10 reasons _I_ can't)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely correct! However, the people that this was written for that style themselves 'Chef's are far too arrogant and egocentric to believe it!

:surrendar: OK, OK...I believe it! :)

"Here's a thousand carrots. Chop'em! Here's a thousand more. Repeat until you die."

Love it.

The author left out the good parts - like the groupies for example. There are groupies, right?

Love it.... Especially the part about the restaurant gods have not forgotten.
Lol

Nice little article. Seriously, I dropped out of University, picked up more shifts, soon thought, "I really, really ******* hate our stupid Manager. Maybe if I rub hand soap in my eye until it gets all gross, I'll be able to convince her I have pink eye and I'll get to go home and hang out with my friends at a normal time." I did just that, and it worked. Soon after, I got out. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - You guys are awesome. A different breed, but still awesome.

I would also like to thank you all (the chefs) for ruining a regular meal with friends. My spaghetti with Arrabiata is so 1980's, it's almost hip again. I liked it when my food wasn't delicious AND ironic, but just delicious. Oh, and I was born in 1984....

That got weird.

i never thought of any dish as hip or iconic.. yummy food is yummy food. spicy pagetty is always a good thing :)
if someone were to feel a meal was less enjoyable because the dish being served was not trendy, i would never want that person(s) at my dinner table ever again.

i never thought of any dish as hip or iconic.. yummy food is yummy food. spicy pagetty is always a good thing :)
if someone were to feel a meal was less enjoyable because the dish being served was not trendy, i would never want that person(s) at my dinner table ever again.

:plus1:

Lefty, don't feel bad about your spaghetti. A very well regarded chef, finalist for a JBA last year runs arrabiata with fregula and oyster mushrooms. Nobody thinks of him as outdated. The staff called the dish "mother's love" because it was so good and comforting

Back