Quantcast
Request From Forum Members - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Request From Forum Members

Agggg how am I ever going to hit 1000?
    I don't want people thinking I'm unknowledgeable!

I think I saw someone refer to other's posts in these "problematic" BST threads as garbage. That's a little harsh in my opinion, and maybe a little offensive. I admit it does clutter a bit, and I will also admit that I'm guilty of contributing to this offensive problem myself from time to time. Really though, how hard is it to just scroll down the screen past the "garbage"?
    I'm all for constructive criticism, but I think it's a bit tasteless putting one's self in an ivory tower and dispersing comments like that. Just my humble opinion.
    Or Maybe I'm just a little grumpy for not being able to sleep at the moment....

I'm guilty of it, and do get annoyed with all of the useless posts when it's the same thing over and over again, but I just keep scrolling and find what "matters" in the thread. I'm sure I've missed important posts as a result of these types of posts, but I like them. We need to keep this place friendly and fun. It's what separates us from the other forums on the net. Well, that and the fact that we know our stuff.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I'm willing to donate new mouse with decent scrolling wheel to help fighting with all those "+1" comments

I usually block the users that I know that only contribute with " I wish I had the money " to each BST thread.

I don't get the blocking thing...I wonder how many people have blocked me.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I don't get the blocking thing...I wonder how many people have blocked me.
    What did Tom say?

Does blocking someone hide there posts from view? If not I can't see it helping at all?
    Tom by my last count 755 members have blocked you and Jim has been blocked by 54,

This thread alone kept me from drooling on that Mario that was just in BST. But I agree with Tom on keeping it friendly and fun. I wouldn't want to be a clown in the middle of an otherwise totally serious group.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

I don't think it takes very long to read "Nice knife. GLWS," or something like that. I guess some people consider that clutter, but I skim through posts regularly if they're not that relevant to me.

For some knives, it's hard to find much information or many reviews. I find it helpful when people (particularly those that have owned or used the item) comment about a knife, a good deal, etc.

There was another thread discussing a way to mark items as sold, and I think Dave (or someone) said allowing the editing feature would have to be site-wide, not just for the OP or in B/S/T.

And it's totally legitimate for a seller to lower the price on the knife, thus bumping it to the top of the list, since that's new information (that is to buyers' advantage).

It's the six months later "Is this knife still available?" posts that annoy me.