Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Request From Forum Members

So it appears that there is a function in the software to allow for thread starters to edit their own posts but this is advised against using since it can defeat/over rule moderation.

I have found some info about flagging/tagging threads but for the life of me I can't understand or implement it.

At this point Austin would have to get involved, or get a programmer involved, to come up with a solution to the flagging issue should he desire to go in that direction. There's just not a simple solution that I can see from where I'm sitting.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    The butthurt is strong in this thread. Present a valid and constructive argument for a very small segment in the forum, and people think I am suggesting the community be shut down. Good grief.
    Jason

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    I wish I had the money to buy this thread, but my grandma died and I have a hernia in my leg socket so gotta take care of those things first.

Sorry.

GLWS!
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

I see a range of opinions, with people having different views, and providing some rationale for them (along with some humor).

Glad you brought it up, and glad various people added a range of things to consider.

Administrator
    If you want a thread closed due to sale, or an edit made, please report it, and as the reason include the edits.

I don't like having the edit option on B/S/T threads as they can be altered and misrepresented.

We could develop a rule for the bumps, but any software designed to deal with it would only make it more difficult for legit questions and members to post to it.

Austin,

This is why we have moderators, no need for software. The good thing about this site is there are very few trolls, so misrepresentation would be minimal. As I said to Jim though, your site, your rules.

Jason
    Jason

Jason, I for one wasn't getting my skirt in a bunch, and I hope the others weren't either. It's just a matter of difference of opinion. I fully understand you and agree, in part. With that being said, Chuckles, Jim, Niloc, and Quantum justice me laugh my ass off. Oh, and so did you; I like the butthurt comment. Haha
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

No doubt brother. Diversity is the key to strength.
    Jason

JAson,

Just noticed this thread which is funny because my last post was on the BST forum where a nikiri was up for sale. I commented a little about how I believe people think they would neverrarely use one -it's too specialized etc. I wanted to let people know mine gets used a lot by everyone in the family, unlike some of the larger gyoto's we own. I posted it in part to help the seller and to spread the nikiri love

I agree with you that sometimes the drool and glws gets a little old and usually doesn't add anything. Although if someone like Pensacola Tiger says that's a great knife it means something, esp. to those of us still new to this

The only reason I bought my first knife on BST was because of the comments Justine0505 made. He educated me and as I was a new member with very few posts and even less knowledge it gave me the confidence needed to make the purchase.

Thanks for bring this up though, with six pages of comments it was obviously something that needs/needed to be talked about.

Bill

Does anyone else see Austins giant Texas silhouette avatar as intimidating? It's like Chuck Norris waiting to delve justice onto you. Austin; Texas Forum Ranger!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com