Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Request From Forum Members

This thread =
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Does anyone else see Austins giant Texas silhouette avatar as intimidating? It's like Chuck Norris waiting to delve justice onto you. Austin; Texas Forum Ranger!
    Everything is bigger in Texas, even their avatars.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    JAson,

Just noticed this thread which is funny because my last post was on the BST forum where a nikiri was up for sale. I commented a little about how I believe people think they would neverrarely use one -it's too specialized etc. I wanted to let people know mine gets used a lot by everyone in the family, unlike some of the larger gyoto's we own. I posted it in part to help the seller and to spread the nikiri love

I agree with you that sometimes the drool and glws gets a little old and usually doesn't add anything. Although if someone like Pensacola Tiger says that's a great knife it means something, esp. to those of us still new to this

The only reason I bought my first knife on BST was because of the comments Justine0505 made. He educated me and as I was a new member with very few posts and even less knowledge it gave me the confidence needed to make the purchase.

Thanks for bring this up though, with six pages of comments it was obviously something that needs/needed to be talked about.

Bill
    You make a good point Bill. Comments like that are helpful to the thread and is not what I am speaking of. I'm glad he helped you, and some of us old members (going back to the "other" forum) enjoy adding helpful comments. The magic of google and the search button are miraculous though.
    Jason

A forum to me should be a little more than just info. I'm very pragmatic, and hard nosed when it comes to research. But it's always nice when someone helps lighten the mood a little. If this place was all about specs and hard data, it'd lose the human element that has led me to make a couple of awesome off forum buddies.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Some pretty valid points here.
    I'm guilty of posting the occasional bump comment, not to help anyone 'go to the top of the list' but to show my appreciation for a nice piece of craftsmanship; particularly if it's something produced by one of our own. But not always.
    I would also like to see an option for the OP to flag a b/s/t thread as "sold", but only if it keeps all post content intact. If it is decided that the moderators should flag posts, that's fine...but we don't want to chase down every seller to confirm a sale. You guys gotta work with us.
    I use b/s/t for research when I am considering a purchase, so I would really miss the ability to view those old posts.
    The fluff posts don't bother me that much. The 6 months later "is this still available?" do.
    Todd pretty much stated how I feel in his post.

Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Does anyone else see Austins giant Texas silhouette avatar as intimidating? It's like Chuck Norris waiting to delve justice onto you. Austin; Texas Forum Ranger!
    You shouldn't. Texas is filled with a ton of nothing. It's big, but most of it is empty. Sure it's a formidable empty full of rattle snakes and mountain lions ready to eat you, along with fire ants and scorpions just for fun, but there are very few people.

Of course the people that are there are all heavily armed but they are super friendly.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    You shouldn't. Texas is filled with a ton of nothing. It's big, but most of it is empty. Sure it's a formidable empty full of rattle snakes and mountain lions ready to eat you, along with fire ants and scorpions just for fun, but there are very few people.

Of course the people that are there are all heavily armed but most are super friendly.
    fixed that for you.
    Chewie's the man.

Even Chuck Norris is afraid to come here....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mwuc8bTpXN1r0fpoto1_500.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	20907
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

Of course the people that are there are all heavily armed but they are super friendly.
    BBQ- don't forget the BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    BBQ- don't forget the BBQ.
    DONT EVER FORGET THE BBQ!!!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky