Sajiuchi Knives on Korin

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leer1217

Reaction score
I was looking through the website and came across these new knives that Korin is carrying. They have them for 20% off for a limited time as well! But I was curious as to see if anybody had any first hand experience with this maker. I was looking at the R2 damascus line, but would love some feedback if anybody has had first hand experience with them. Thanks in advance!

Rich.

This is Takeshi Saji's line of knives. If I'm not mistaken, this line has been around at JCK for quite sometime.

I have a parer from the maker and f&f is flawless, my only concern was that the knife was not sharp OOTB. The R2 pm steel is wonderful, I think he is one of the best maker using it.

Maybe other members can also chime in on this.

Ferry

I have a saji r2 from JCK. He makes really nice knives. OTB sharpness is pretty bad, steel is pretty darn nice, and wrt grind, it's interesting. Mine seems to have a sword grind with the left side being flatter. Food release is good and it's decently thin, although it does get stuck in sweet potatoes and larger carrots due to the flat potion about half way up .

Here are two pics:

blade face with some veggies
IMG_1748.JPG

choil shot
102_2649.JPG

V1P, I have to question your credibility when in one sentence you say his fit and finish is flawless, yet your knife arrived dull. Isn't that part off the finish? His knives are aesthetically pleasing, but upon closer inspection the flaws are readily apparent. His shops' daily goal is to produce something like 30 finished knives a day - keep that on mind...

V1P, I have to question your credibility when in one sentence you say his fit and finish is flawless, yet your knife arrived dull. Isn't that part off the finish? His knives are aesthetically pleasing, but upon closer inspection the flaws are readily apparent. His shops' daily goal is to produce something like 30 finished knives a day - keep that on mind...

I wouldn't question a member's "credibility" who thinks that "fit and finish" and "OOTB sharpness" are two different things. In fact, I think V1P offered a clear description of what he sees as the knife's pros and cons, and he even went out of his way to post several photos. How does this make him not "credible" anymore? Do you own one of the knives in question? If so, what are the "readily apparent" flaws that you see?

Well, I've been to his shop, I've seen him forge knives and I inspected his line of knives, both outdoor and kitchen. I've never purchased one of his knives, but I do own one. The finish on the handles stuck out the most. The materials he uses are very fine, but not finely finished.

Thought I'd post it here rather than a new thread, but for those interested, JCK has some of the aogami super Saji knives with the kuroichi finish back in stock. In the Saji specials section.

Latest posts

Back