Quantcast
Any chefs ever go out and speak to awkward customers? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any chefs ever go out and speak to awkward customers?

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    I had a customer that told me a salad was crap and she could make it better at home. "What's in this? Some greens, olives, tomatoes, onions?" Yeah, that and a pepperoncini and feta. It's a greek salad, you harpy.

I stopped literally JUST before telling her how to get to the nearest grocery store, and told my manager(which I wasn't). He pandered to her, and kissed her butt and nodded yes. No good! She's not even from our state, she will never say anything but bad things about her horrible experience at a terrible restaurant, and she's costing a lot of money. I'd have kicked her out straight away.

Truth is, if you want to kick customers out, you have to have food that stands up for itself. IMO a manager that takes unwarranted insults and personal degradation is just saying "my restaurant can't get by without every penny".
    I see this everyday! It is so sad. I told our managers that the only value the place now has since everything changed is their groupons, coupons, and specials. Noone comes in for a nice night out anymore. And honestly I cannot blame them.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    I have fired at least three or four customers so far. One I actually allowed back in to consider an order. He complained horribly and I told him to never contact me again. Firing a customer is never easy, especially for a small business. But keeping a rude, belligerent and nasty customer will hurt more. They can kiss my backside!