Stormy Stone DISCOUNT

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
While Storm go Crazy Here in Flat Land Denmark
I will do brief Holiday surprise :D

There is 20 % Discount on All Japanese Natural Stones

Discount Code: C61A30AB1C80B67

Expire Date 7th Dec 2013 ( Only one day !!! )

Happy Holidays ! And stay Safe

OMG! :bigeek:

...Hehe, looks like someone might be trying to raise a bit of holiday cash!

Nehh holiday money is safe :D

Just in a holiday spirit and for fun, this day only thought.

Also will like to start Fresh Next Year :nunchucks:

Cursed storm!

Maxim, you got me again. Hakka!

I have no idea why would I want another stone. Yet it so hard to resist! Damn… that storm is coming here tomorrow and I'm gonna sit home for the hole day and keep looking at those stones. Damn!

Seriously, surpise sales and changing stock make the JNS site interesting. Max has me watching all the time.

Yeah, you got me too. Thanks for running the sale!

Yeah this deal was pretty irresistible. Picked a couple things I've had my eye on. I'm happy to see some one got the nakayma sunashi kitta. That has been tempting me for so long.

Damn who ever got that Ohira Suita!!! (kidding :laugh: my wallet thanks you) I had spent the last few days eyeballing it and I would've definitely jumped the gun if I had seen the sale

Thank you very much everyone !!! :thankyou333: Sale is going very well.

Still have time today to get a cheap Christmas stone :)
Also many small stones for razors that will be super deal with that discount !

And only 2 Ikrashi left, maybe the best 1-2 k Jnat for knives or razors

You know what's going to happen, right? ... Big sale, we can't help but buy, all the stones go, and then he's going to re-stock and a whole new cycle of temptation starts again. Someone stop him!

I took the plunge too!

No more sales for a while, unless on the steops or Japanese NOS razors please :)

:whistling:

You know what's going to happen, right? ... Big sale, we can't help but buy, all the stones go, and then he's going to re-stock and a whole new cycle of temptation starts again. Someone stop him!

I'm doing my best to make him spend money on powertools, but I can't keep up with the rate the stones sell so I guess I have failed...

I'm doing my best to make him spend money on powertools

Stop it. What happens is he buys more powertools and then needs more money, and so has another surprise sale, and then we're all in trouble again. For the good of us all, I think he should double his prices. Or maybe convert them to bitcoins.

i can't help myself!! So I dived for a hakka!

i can't help myself!!!

Me too. Tried to reason myself for not buying more stones. But I came out with none, due to the discount.

Thanks Maksim for emptying my pocket. :(

You're lucky if it's only your pocket that's been emptied.

Hey Maxim

Any idea when the white binsui will be back in stock? or something similar you can reccomend in the same range?

I will get more Ikarashi stones on Wednesday i think they are better :)

I believe I'm not the only jnat noob here… would super cool if there were some recommendations or article in your WIKI about stone progressions. Something like this:
for your beautiful single bevel knives you can start on stone A, then went to stone B or C and finish with Stone D and Nagura A/B/C.
double bevel carbon knives are better sharpened with Stone B and Stone D.
So even complete noobs could understand where to start.

Cause right now there are some questions that bother me:
have no idea what's the difference between WHITE BINSUI and Ikarashi
why some OHIRA stones costs more then all my knives combined. What are they good for?
what's the difference between Takashima and Hakka?

…sorry for offtopic and congratulations to everyone, who was lucky with that sale :)

Good to know about the ikarashi. I almost got one but went with the black saeki instead.

I love Black Saeki too it is super rare Rock :D
But Ikarashi have different Feedback it make more uniform finish.

to
icanhaschzbrgr
question:

I will make some kind of Progression info in wiki :) I have it however already But maybe not in category on its own

But why some cost more then other i have covered already in Wiki here http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/about-japanese-natural-stones/
And Under Rare stones

I like my Ikarashi (haven't tried a binsui, so can't compare).

However, especially as it's a coarse stone, I find it's too small. Is there any chance you'll stock bigger Ikarashi in the future, Maxim?

Best way to have some fun is to buy them all :D

But then you have too many stones and not enough time to try them. I think I like my binsui a little more than my ikarashi because it cuts faster. Ikarashi feels better though... but on the rough grits I want to finish fast and move onto the next stone.

Back