• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Yoshikane SLD Damascus 270 Suji & Itinomonn Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob

Reaction score
IMG_1131.jpgIMG_1132.jpg
Yoshi - Great condition, very feint noob sharpening scratches (more pics as required). Sees very little use, only raw fish and sometimes raw boneless meat. Tasks which i want to try a yanagi for.. $450 USD shipped worldwide, oz buyers adjusted accordingly.
Itinomonn - Typical cleaver sale here, tried it but reach for gyutos more and its criminal for this to be an ornament. Never sharpened, has beginnings of patina. its lighter than maxims description, but still quite hefty. Very nice Ironwood and brass handle. $325 USD shipped worldwide, oz buyers adjusted..
Cheers

I can't tell for sure from the pic, does the Yoshi have a smooth finish on the blade or is it one of the kurouchi finished ones?

Be well,
Mikey

Sorry for the screw around but im going to pull these for now. After fondling them for measurements and a bit of a strop, im having separation anxiety! Maybe if they were easier to replace, or the shig yanagi desire gets too strong..... Ill pray for a christmas bonus.

Okey dokely. Both of these are back up. Haven't been used since original sale, i now have 4 gyutos that need my attention and a shig yanagi for slicing. The yoshi (from maxim) has been used literally a handful of times, and by used i mean you could count the cuts per session on one hand! The grazes are made with rika 5k, very lightly so original blade is intact. If you missed schanops, heres your chance. The cleaver, same deal. Never sharpened, used f all. More photos if required. Ill resume prices at 430 us for yoshi and 305 us for cleaver. Cheers

If u didn't have 2 sujis i would grab the yoshi, can't believe these are still here

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

One last drop. Yoshi $400 Cleaver $280. Both blades very lightly used at home. More pics and/or measurements at request. Weighed cleaver today, around 550g.....

I really like Itinomonn Cleaver but the size is more for pro kitchen not for home cook.....GLWS!!

If I may add, the Itinomonn cleaver is a workhorse - like a No.7 chuka. Don't let its pretty looks with that wonderful handle fool you ;)

The dammy SLD might be the sweetest steel used in production knives. Like Chefcomeback I have 2 long suji's and a shorty or it would have been gone on day 1.

GLWS

I really like Itinomonn Cleaver but the size is more for pro kitchen not for home cook.....GLWS!!

Charles, I have to disagree with you. A cleaver this size is very well suited for a home cook. The height is a definite plus for resting against the "claw" hand, as it is almost impossible to raise it high enough to endanger your fingers.

Rick

It's a beast. I'm not a cleaver guy, but with my love of Itinomonn knives, if I were, I'd own one of these, for sure!

Carbon Steel: check
good maker: check
super nice handle: check
KILLERPRICE: check

i' ll take it, PM Sent...

Greets B

Charles, I have to disagree with you. A cleaver this size is very well suited for a home cook. The height is a definite plus for resting against the "claw" hand, as it is almost impossible to raise it high enough to endanger your fingers.

Rick
Rick, you probably right. that all about personally preference, I like smaller Chinese cleaver because is more nimble when I cleaning fish & debone chicken. Kitchen area in Taiwan/Japan/H.K are generally very small, most family I know don't use Chinese cleaver in that size.

Cleaver sold. :thumbsup: Just a beautiful near new yoshi damascus 270 suji left.... A bit of knifeknutism, replacing a lightly used 270 suji with a 300 shig yanagi and a 240 misono suji, go figure! Ive actually found the 240 more useful for me, carving duties and small portioning. And the yanagi makes a cameo now and then for raw boneless slicing.

Arrived today, save and sound..that a mighty blade indeed

Thanks kkf

Back