Rubber Cutting Board Options?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamabushi

Reaction score
I've read a few previous threads on the topic and given my parameters, have decided to get a rubber type cutting board. At this point I am leaning towards the Asahi as seen HERE primarily due to availability and cost. Are there any other options readily available in Japan that I should be looking at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. I've got a board, bought in Tokyo, that I like by Hasegawa and it looks just like this: http://reavenslee.com/TMKotake/component/virtuemart/hasegawa-kitchen-wares/soft-cutting-board-detail?Itemid=0. It's got a wooden interior which seems to improve the feel, but I also liked this as it's lighter and I had to carry it on a flight in a full suitcase that was right at my baggage limit. Not sure of what the material is, apart from the wooden interior. Cost a bit more than the Asahi, though. I like the non-slip aspect of it and probably prefer it over my Boardsmith.

OK, found that one HERE in a similar size. A little bit more, but not a massive price difference. It's interesting option. Thank you!

Everyone I know uses Sani-tuff, so you should get the Asahi and tell us all about it!!!!

Haha! I actually just walked in the door returning from Kappabashi. I'm now torn between the Asahi and the Hasegawa. Still thinking!

i am not sure if the rakuten 3000JPY off shipping promotion is still going on, I got my two boards during the promotion. Even after adding the shipping (EMS to australia), my boards are cheaper buying off rakuten than mebuying from street shops (I bought one while I was in japan earlier last month).

i am not sure if the rakuten 3000JPY off shipping promotion is still going on, I got my two boards during the promotion. Even after adding the shipping (EMS to australia), my boards are cheaper buying off rakuten than mebuying from street shops (I bought one while I was in japan earlier last month).
What two boards did you get?

What two boards did you get?

I seriously can't remember. I can only say the board I got from japan is a different brand to my Rakuten ones, but they feel the same.

I suggest you dont be bothered by brand and only focus on size / price.

I suggest you dont be bothered by brand and only focus on size / price.
Thank you for the advice. I'm not concerned about brand, and at this level price isn't really a significant issue. I'm mostly focusing on size and the board material.

OK, so after getting sidetracked I've finally ordered an Asahi rubber cutting board size 330×500×15. Hopefully, it should be here later this week. I'll report back once it arrives and have had a chance to give it a try.

Back