Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any good knives for under $50

Cck 1303!

The $5 edge guard would compliment it well - fewer dings if (when) kept in drawer.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabrasi View Post
    I don't want to add them up. Someday I'll have spent like 20k on knives and stones and I'll still describe it as "hundreds."
    Ha. I know that feeling.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

there was a time that the tramontina damascus made of vg10 was only selling on amazon for only 60 bucks and it had four knives and a drawer storage block. i think someone said that it's still around that price at sam's club.

=D

pretty darn good price i'd say. worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by nofronts View Post
    yeah i got that deal for the $22.70 with free shipping! Must have been my lucky day.
    I'd say so. I just went to your link, and it is back up to 39.95. Nice score!

you could have also went with the $50 ikea vg10 shun knock off
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90131068/

my friend is an awesome cook. she could give a rat's butt about knives..(weird, right? i think they go hand in hand)

she has older Forchener knives..wooden handles, white handles. she runs them thru that electric knife sharpener from Chefsmate. first time she did that i was like, "no wait! stop."

nope.brrrrrrip! i was almost disappointed that that thing actually puts a good edge on her knives. in her life, with her ideas..the tool is perfect for her.

OP..i think you did well. those things are chopping tons of stuff in restaurants around you.

I stell swear by thier butchery knives.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

And I swear by ChefsChoice for people that don't want to learn how to hand sharpen their knives. I still use mine for thinning large butchering blades once or twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    And I swear by ChefsChoice for people that don't want to learn how to hand sharpen their knives. I still use mine for thinning large butchering blades once or twice a year.
    chef-choice. i think i mis-called it something else. thanks.