Quantcast
Buy a Cleaver knife in Europe

Thread: Buy a Cleaver knife in Europe

Buy a Cleaver knife in Europe

Hi, I live in Europe, and I would like buy a cleaver knife + sharper stone. I chop a lot of vegetable and I think who I should buy a knife of 8 inches \ 20 centimeters

In Europe I found just Mundial or Victorinox knifes (but they look just for butcher ) or very expensive German knife

what could I buy? I can spend not so much (less than 60 pounds/ 105 dollars / 70 euros) for knife+sharper stone+shipment.

thank you so much

Go to a chinese supermarket!

As JBL said, go to a chinese supermarket.

They cost very little (I think they usually run about £10).
    There can be major quality control issues (I had to go through a box of about 20 to find a straight one). I guess though that it's to be expected for the price.

I picked one up about a year ago to try out and it was great fun.
    I ended up not using it much so it was donated to my parents. It now gets more use than their £500 set of Henckels (combined), which I'd say is pretty good for a £10 knife!

The step up from this would probably be to a JCK own brand Chinese cleaver which at $100 is going to come in over budget. Even if you can stretch the budget a bit, I'd try a cheapie from the Chinese supermarket to ensure that you actually like using this type of knife.

I've got one of these coming: bit.ly/1eb94fo

Based on the Zhen paring knives I have, it looks to be good value. But I won't really know until I've got the knife and have used it for a month or two.