Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife will only allow one hobby at a time, and......

My wife will only allow one hobby at a time, and......

I just scooped up a new car and ditched the big SUV, so I haven't been lurking much lately. Maybe after I get a Stillen intake and catback, I'll get a hankering for a knife again! LOL

Can anyone else here afford another hobby besides knives???
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

My new HD has become a very large money pit. It did pull 100lbs. of torque on the dyno after a few goodies,worth every penny.

I limit myself to one hobby at a time. Did you get a Nissan and if so which one?

Yah, I got a Maxima SV-Sport... I'll tell you, after driving a big bumbly Expedition for years, this thing is a real treat!

My hobbies are all about making things. I still keep hearing "you don't need another hobby"! Unless it makes something that she wants!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

knives, food, and cameras kill my bank account... knives are actually the least expensive of my hobbies

Motorcycles, Land Cruiser, music, movies. Knives are relatively new on the list.

-AJ

I just read

My hobby will only allow one wife at a time, and......

I need to go home, didn't get enough sleep last night, dang grants...

Stefan

I develop new hobbies every couple of years or so, my family is used to it. My wallet never really recovers.
    - Sean

Yah, I used to be hugely into paintball. I had half a dozen high end markers, and all the fixin's to go with it.... then I had a second kid....and a third. Needless to say, my gear sat for several seasons, almost untouched. Eventually, I sold it all off on ebay, except for my one favorite woods-ball marker (Tippman A-5, fully customized).

But, I think, being a chef and restaurateur, I will always have a passion for knives...they may just have to take a back seat from time to time.