Fujiwara terayasu website.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playford

Reaction score
Ok so ordered a 150mm western nashiji petty from the man himself off the website.

$73 plus shipping and local taxes.

waiting on hearing shipping prices.

will keep you all updated, his website prices seem very decent.

===========================================
Shipping Method: EMS
Payment Method : PayPal
============================================
Order & Gift Comments:

Goods: Paring knife [Nashiji] 150mm 100g
A unit price:7,350 quantity:1

--------------------------------------------
Total : 7,350yen
Shipping : 0yen
Sum Total : 7,350yen

After we calculate shipping charge, we send you order sheet again.

There are no Japanese taxes; however, you will be responsible for any additional customs handling fees, duties and/or taxes.
FUJIWARA TERUYASU EDGED TOOL CRAFT strongly suggests that you check with your local government agency to determine the extent of such charges prior to purchase.

If any international order is refused upon delivery for any reason, FUJIWARA TERUYASU EDGED TOOL CRAFT will bill all custom and duty charges to you.
Once a package enters your country, these charges are not reversible whether the package is delivered to you or not.

If you need to contact us regarding your order,
you can reach us by e-mail at the following e-mail address.
Thank you again for your order.

------------------------------
FUJIWARA TERUYASU EDGED TOOL CRAFT K.K.
E-mail: [email protected]

well fingers crossed von blewitt, would be nice.

The price on the 210 nashiji and mabroshi, is pretty decent too.

Hard to justify when I have a 210 carter western though. I'd love a 240 but mamma mia at the price increase from 210 > 240, basically double the price.

a 240 carter though these days is probably the price of most peoples first car.

Can you guys point me to some reviews? I couldn't find much info about those knives… except some review from 2007 on another forum.
What is it that you like the most about those?

Looking forward to to giving this petty a try, it and a carter western sfgz paring I have both need rehandled at some point though.

FWIW, I ordered a cleaver and petty through his website and wasn't charged for shipping either.

Hurrah! luckily, he confirmed this, I wanted my surname in japanese anyway :) Hopefully should still have for christmas :)

Dear Mr. Playford,

Thank you a lot for your interest and your order .
Your knife is ready to be send but I'd like to ask you one thing about the
engraving name .
You ordered a paring knife "nashiji" 150mms and it will be a little bit
difficult for us to engrave at the same times capital letters and minuscule
letters on so small knife .
Please choice only capital or only minuscule or , I recomande to put in
japanese letters (katakana) like : プレフォード .
In the waiting for your answer , please to accept my best regards .
Teruyasu Fujiwara

Just got the bill from customs! Knife cost with shipping £45, tax 20%+ £13.50 clearance fee = £24.50. Over 50%!!!!! wat.

Just got the bill from customs! Knife cost with shipping £45, tax 20%+ £13.50 clearance fee = £24.50. Over 50%!!!!! wat.

So, does that mean £45 + £24.50 = £69.50? If so, not bad I'd say.

Pretty standard. Did you get charged customs duty?. Worst case scenario is import VAT + customs duty + clearance fee.

The clearance fee in particular is a joke.

I've been looking at a Denka gyuto for a long while now but it's the customs fees that are putting me off. I'm still going to do it though!

I've been looking at a Denka gyuto for a long while now but it's the customs fees that are putting me off. I'm still going to do it though!

:biggrin: What size? I'd personally love a Denka, but HMRC will be giving you a hell of a shafting on large gyuto.

Considering the price hike from 210mm, definately not the 240! Im looking at Carter-esque sizes so its going to be the 195mm gyuto. It should be perfect for me. Ive had a block of elder burl sitting in a drawer for the past year ready to go on this thing (im preparing for the handle issues in advance!)

your looking at 20% + £13.50 "clearance" grrrr.

It oddly wouldn't be so bad to me on a bigger item, a 210 mabroshi no meito gyuto is £130, so just shy of £170 all in.

the petty arrives tomorrow, so ill get pics over the weekend.

Back