Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: An Update On Orders

Thanks again guys.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Thanks again for giving me the time I needed to sort things out. I am back at work at whole capacity and am completing and shipping orders out.

Marko

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Please enjoy your Christmas instead of pushing yourself to fulfill any obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpigg View Post
    Please enjoy your Christmas instead of pushing yourself to fulfill any obligations.
    +1

Merry Christmas!

Thanks folks.

I am cooking a dinner today and will be cooking a dinner for the New Year's Eve, but with the exception of the 25th, I will be working the rest of the remaining year and then roll into a New Year. Hopefully I will break through soon.

M

A quick update.

Have a few knives finished (prepaid orders for ready made or practice) and am sending these out. Also will send out strops.

My supplier of felt is out of the kind that I use and has some on order (should receive it shortly), so there is a delay with producing magnetically lined felt pads and strops. Leather is on order and should arrive shortly, so it could be used as a substitute.

Knives that I haven't started yet, some 225mm and others, I can offer a western handle choice to make up for the wait. I mentioned in a western handle thread that I will take a break from making wa handles and will concentrate on western to shorten the learning curve, but so far I am pretty satisfied with my work, so 2-4 western handles should allow me to figure out all details of the process and iron out the wrinkles, so to speak.

Thanks,
    Marko

I've heard too many good things about your D style wa-handles so I don't mind waiting.

I will gladly wait for a western handle

Marko, I don't know how far along mine is in the pipeline, but if you want to do a western handle...go for it. I'd opt for bronze bolsters if I had a choice.
    Last edited by ecchef; 12-31-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I will clear it tonight and try to respond to all who contacted me.
    Hi Marko,

I'm interested in buying a cutting board, strop + base, Masamoto refinish + rehandle and ready-made gyuto. I've been trying to get in touch with you in the last few weeks. Maybe my e-mails are lost in some spam filter or blocked in some way...

What would be the best way to contact you and make sure that you receive my messages?

Regards,

bef