An Update On Orders

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
First of all, I want to apologize for delay in response to email and PMs.

My father had a surgery and is in critical condition, and I have been a bit distraught in these past couple of weeks, spending a lot of time on the phone with my family, doctors. Haven't been very productive. Depending on the situation, might have to go to Ukraine early in January. Also, the fact that the whole county is in an upheaval just adds to the anxiety.

I have put a lot of work into restructuring my shop in the past 6 weeks, patching the holed where I have been the least efficient. The process is already much more streamlined and should result in a higher output and shorter wait time. I will be offering knives in several geometries, so there will be something for everybody - workhorses, lasers, single bevel knives, etc. Restructuring will also help me to keep the prices at the current level, despite the fact that I am a bit overwhelmed with the demand, but more than anything I would like to keep my knives affordable.

I got some work done in the past couple of days and will be getting some finished knives out this week.

I also realized that I need to slightly change the design in my magnetic strips - making the strips wider on the face. Narrow face result is a slight movement of the knives on the strip. I am trying to figure out whether to redo the ones that I completed but haven't shipped out to do entirely new strips.

I will try to get most of the orders by Christmas, but if some of you would like a refund, please let me know.

Once again, I apologize and will do what I can to make up for the wait.

Thank you,

Marko

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the update. I sent you a few e-mails and PMs in the last weeks. Didn't knew about your situation... Knowing what's going on, I will refrain from sending another batch of reminders ;-)

Being in a remote country during hard times is not easy...

Best wishes for your father recovery and your family.

Bef

Thanks guys.

I normally keep things like these private, but I though that letting your know what's going on, as it will help to clear up the air and explain my limited or delayed response on email or PMs.

Marko

Marko, being an owner of yor work, and seeing a few pieces, I will just say that your work is worth the wait. Do what you need I do to be there for your family. Everyone will be here waiting when you get back. :)

My thoughts are with you guys.

Sorry to hear about your father and hope everything gets better. Keep my knife for as long as you need and focus on your family.

As far as i'm concerned, don't even think about rushing the knife on my behalf. Family comes first in these very difficult situations, allways. The knives can wait until your ready, and i'm shure everybody would agree and support you..

T

Hopefully everything with your father turns out ok, good luck and best wishes!

Go see your father regardless.I know what it is like to be far away from your family.Nobody will worry about waiting a bit longer under the circumstances.

Best wishes to your father Marko. Knives can wait.
I hope crisis in Ukraine would resolve in the nearest future. Thanks for informing us. I do appreciate it when people value they family higher then other things in life. All the best

Thoughts and prayers going out for your Pops, hang in there Marko.

Marko,

My prayers will go out for your father. Waiting time for me becomes irrelevant when it comes to family issues - family is more important.

Marko, our prayers are with you and your family, hope your Dad is doing better.

Marko, all the best to you and your family, I hope your Dad will get well soon. Waiting a little longer is absolutely no issue - take all the time you and your dearest ones need.

sorry to hear that and hope for the best to your family.

So sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with him and you.

Marko,

The best of wishes go out to you. I can totally relate to having a parent that are not doing well and boy does it make it hard to focus on anything.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope all goes for the best in this situation

Best wishes for your father. Enjoy family and life, work will be there when you are ready.

Thanks for your best wishes.

A quick update. My father is out of intensive care and is in stable condition, though it looks like he might need another surgery. I will find it tomorrow.

In any event I am back in the shop working, getting back into the rhythm.

I again apologize for a lack or response on email and PMs (box is full). I will clear it tonight and try to respond to all who contacted me.

Thanks again,

Marko

Best wishes for you and your family Marko. Take care of those close to you first, and everything else will into place in time. Be well.

Latest posts

Back