Quantcast
FEEDBACK ON NEW CIRCULATORS FOR SOUS VIDE - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FEEDBACK ON NEW CIRCULATORS FOR SOUS VIDE

I got a low end poly from WIlliams and Sonoma and returned it within a month as the clip broke. I thought it very poorly designed,. The plastic housing for the clip is positioned so that when removing it, you actually apply pressure to a weak point and then it snaps making the clip from that point on unusable. Been waiting for a Sansaire

I'm curious how the asparagus turns out, Jon. Other then leeks I usually don't cook green veggies sous vide.

Asparagus is great SV. Fennel is even better in chicken stock then finished on the stove until it syrupy…

Investing in a lid and then cutting a hole is handy for longer cook times at higher temps.

asparagus turned out great... i just need to get a smoking gun now, as i was not happy with the amount of smoke flavor i was able to impart. Potatoes were by far the best... lots of butter

Hmmmm...tell me more about these potatoes, please
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Smoking your own butter, and sous vide go pretty effing well together...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I'll just put it out there- smoking just about anything and sous vide go well together.

Does the asparagus bright and pretty green after cooking? I admit that I'm still a bit old school when it comes to my green veggies

I was looking at the Anova but the touch screen turned me off a little . Does the screen seem to be well built and able to handle any nasty spills and want not that could occur in the kitchen?

so far so good... the unit seems very well built to me, but i wouldnt go and pour some liquid over the screen... that being said, i dont think its more prone to spills than, say, a polyscience