• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT: 165mm Takeda Classic Nakiri Bocho

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Only a couple months old and it's just not getting used much. Used very lightly and looks new. Touched up the edge once and is sharper than OOTB. Comes with box (not pictured). $200 shipped in the US.

Would consider a trade for a 240mm gyuto. Konosuke HD, Masamoto carbon, etc... lemme know what you got.

takedanakiri1651.jpg

takedanakiri1652.jpg

takedanakiri4.jpg

takedanakiri1.jpg

takedanakiri2.jpg

takedanakiri3.jpg

Thanks,
Brian

Duh, box IS pictured. :scratchhead: Hopefully choil pic shows edge pretty well. Doesn't seem thick to me like some of the Takeda complaints of late.

Sorry to keep bumping this, I can't edit. I just uploaded this super quick video I happened to find on my phone.

[video=youtube;g_DhmntnAGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_DhmntnAGo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have always wanted to try a nakiri, and at $200 this might be my shot....

I just got my custom Nakiri from Takeda and its not thick at all. Pretty thin and it flexes a bit as well.

Shouldnt be a problem to sell this.

Just to chip in here for those that might be on the fence regarding nikiri's. I was too until I bought one from mano (Thanks!). My wife and I use it all the time. She is usually doing the vegetable prep and the 240 gyoto's we own still intimidate her. The nikiri is now the first knife she and my 12 year old daughter reach for, it's become their mini cleaver! I use it fairly often too, so don't worry - it will get a lot of use. The AS steel is amazing too, my Takeda gyoto keeps an edge for what seems like forever.

Thanks, Bill! I really enjoy the knife but I think a new gyuto would be more fun and used more. Looks like it's SPF, but I'll post if this doesn't happen.

Congrats to the new owner. I'm still learning my Takeda which has a very similar geometry to this one. Shows a lot of promise, despite some poo-pooing that's been going on in other threads.

Back