Handle:first try

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbochef422

Reaction score
ive learned alot of things after just the first go at a wa handle but im happy with the way it came out. its a thin g10 fuerrle with cocobolo then g10 and then maple burl. its slightly tapered and the maple burl is the back of the handle. a little different design i might of been too ambitious for the first try.
nicks pictures 1295.jpgnicks pictures 1296.jpg

It was ambitious for a first try, but you did really well with it. Nice!

Did you predrill it?
I decided to skip predrilling for my Kono 240 rehandling and now suffering cause I haven't drilling bit long enough to make a deep hole :-\

Looks good.
Down the rabbit hole within the rabbit hole you go!
Now comes the hard part-mounting it.

I like how you went all freestyle on your first try. It looks really good

You should see my wife's face not only knives being shipped but now wood too. Luckily I can tell her they are auprise Christmas gifts....for now

Looks great, and I mean it. I throw a lot of worthless compliments around, and this ain't one of them! Haha. Really nice work!

I too like that you went out of the box, but still kept it classy. great job! And the mounting, drilling, slotting is where I have the most difficulty. I was thinking about getting a pen-blank drill vise before attempting another wa, but thought I'd refer to the pros first for some solid advise. Good luck, and can't wait to see it all mounted up!

Looks great, and I mean it. I throw a lot of worthless compliments around, and this ain't one of them! Haha. Really nice work!
And I'm not "The best you've ever had"????
And "Size doesn't matter"??????
Lefty just ruined Christmas!

Latest posts

Back