F/S $150 Curly Mahogany 1piece Cutting Board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I am selling this cheap because I need to get a little more money in my paypal account today.
So this cutting board is for sale for $150 plus shipping today only.
The board will fit into a USPS large flat rate box so shipping cost is $15 within the US. Canada and International is very expensive at $54 for Canada and $78 International.

The size of the board is just over 20" long, by 11" wide and 1&3/4" thick. Weighs about 7lbs.
One side shows lots of flecks and nice curly figure. The other side has less flecks but still shows the curly figure.
The first photo shows the coloring more accurately. The curly figure shows better in person.

If you would like to get this board, just post I'll take it and send me a PM with your email so I can send a Paypal Invoice for payment. Also let me know if you are in the US, Canada or International. Payment would need to be made via paypal today.

cb003_zpsae71678a.jpg

cb004_zpsdc7e70e5.jpg

I am not sure if these photos are any better than the first couple.
The wood has a nice metallic figure that moves around when you look at it from different angles.
I am just having a hard time getting the photos to show how the figure will look in real life.
cb007_zps88459ddc.jpg

cb005_zpsda3edb25.jpg

Well,.....
I missed my deadline so this board is withdrawn.
I guess this is something you need to see in person.

Damn sorry I missed this if you change your mind on the sale let me know.

Please disregard my previous post.
The Board is sold.
Thank You Heckler

Might be a little late to be giving more details, but;
The wood used was purchased from the estate of a woodworker in the mid 80s.
Then I bought the wood a bit over a year ago.
It is very old, dry, well seasoned wood.
I finished the board with several applications of food grade mineral oil followed by a couple applications of mineral oil / bees wax (board butter).

Back