Hello from Canada

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferris

Reaction score
A Razor geek deciding to join the big blade club. Happen to be in Japan right now and thought perfect time to start a new expensive hobby.

Haven't seen a lot of info here, but what is the consensus on Tsukiji Masamoto? Right price but all I here is about the other Masamoto. I am looking at the V1 carbon line. Sorry if this derails the welcome thread.

Welcome aboard!

I know too little about Masamotos to help though :)

Welcome. I have a few Tsukiji Masamoto knives and I enjoy them all. For a production knife I found the quality to be quite nice. The president of the company (Mr. Hirano) is in the store all the time so the staff tend to be a little more attentive than what you might find in some of the other Tsukiji shops. Try getting there early before the crowds hit though. They open way before tourists are granted access to the inner market so it is a good strategy to get there first if you can. Have fun!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I was in Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo. Unfortunately I didn't realize I had the opportunity in Osaka and Kyoto to visit some great knife shops and makers till I had already left.

I ended up picking up a few of the Tsukiji Masamoto for a very reasonable price. I will post pics soon.

Welcome, Ferris! Sounds like you might be in a great spot to really get hooked by this addiction. I mean obsession. Affliction. Dammit....

Back