Quantcast
Fujiwara FKM rehandled - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fujiwara FKM rehandled

Thanks for the comments guys!

It's hard to be completely happy with results when you are already spoiled with handles from Mike Henry, Rader, Marko, Fish and other great makers. And I've spent too much time browsing through their galleries

I am no handle expert but judging by the picture it looks great, I think you little are hard on your work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chef I know someone like that...they over analyze everything they make and are so modest and never think anything that they make is good when it is on point

with your standards, I look forward to seeing your next re handle

I have a similar Fujiwara that I planed to use for my first re handle too! I never liked that handle but did not really consider changing it until I joined this site. Any surprises or things to watch out for?

ALmost forgot... could you point me int he direction of the handle pin place? I think I will likely re handle a few knives over time so it would be worth it to wait for nice pins if I have too. Thanks.

Always good to strive for something better, but I have to agree with comments about not giving yourself enough credit. It looks great from here! DO keep us posted about your next one please...

Quote Originally Posted by kannamaster View Post
    I have a similar Fujiwara that I planed to use for my first re handle too! I never liked that handle but did not really consider changing it until I joined this site. Any surprises or things to watch out for?
    Refer to this great video from Rick http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...7-Rehandle-Vid

I don't think this knife has any surprises in terms of rehandling. But if you decided to go with multiple spacers, then triple check they are aligned completely correctly. And after that check once again

As for pins there are lots of places in US. I've ordered them from brisa.fi not because they are the best, but only because they are in Finland and should arrive much faster then from US shops. The tube I used here was bought in some local hardware shop.

Btw what is it that you don't like in original FKM handle?

Thanks for the link and the advise. As for the handle on my Fujiwara knife. The fit and finish on mine could have been better but mostly it just was not a good fit for my hand which is bigger than average. I plan to make some changes on the rehandle to better suit my hand.

Looks great. Like something Fish would have made if you're familiar with him
    "There are 2 mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way and not starting"