Quantcast
Chopsticks
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chopsticks

Chopsticks

Hello,

I am wanting to get a reusable set of wood chopsticks (I don't think I would like stainless steel chopsticks) at a price around $15. Something colorful, yet elegant would be nice, but you can't have everything. One more thing, how long will a moderately good pair of "wood" chopsticks last?

Thanks for any help!
    Julian

P.S. These chopsticks will only be used to eat certain dishes, so they won't be used every day or anything like that.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes --Marcel Proust--

Someone here posted that they ate popcorn with chopsticks, which I have started doing. Keeps my hands clean and gives my kids a sporting chance to get some before I finish it. I tried some cheap stainless ones from Amazon, and they work well for popcorn but not so well for other food (less of a grip.) So I would second your idea that you might not want stainless (cheap ones, at least), but will have to wait along with you to hear a better solution.

Get some chopsticks made from any dense woods. They will last you for ages.

Apathetic,

Could you give me some ideas of what woods are dense? I don't really know my woods.

Thanks for the help,
    Julian
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes --Marcel Proust--

One more question... for now. Where is a good place to order them?

Thanks,
    Julian

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I got a couple pair from mark at Burl Source last year. Not sure if he has any still hanging around.

there is a couple of threads in his sub forum, but I think this one was more informative.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...design-profile
    Chewie's the man.

I am no expert but I would go with ebony, I am sure other more knowledgeable members will chime in with other good options

Crothcipt,

I looked on Mark's website and couldn't find any. How much did you pay for your pair?

Are there any places to buy good Japanese chopsticks at a reasonable price? Also, I may not have been looking hard enough but I didn't see very much information about woods in that post.

Thanks for the help,
    Julian

You beat me to posting.

Thanks,
    Julian

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    You may have to message him to see. I remember him having a problem with the last few selling. But then again that was last year. About what woods was covered in one of the other posts he did on his subforum. there is like 3 different threads, a little older than that one.
    Chewie's the man.

+ Reply to Thread