Quantcast
Chopsticks - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chopsticks

I am planning on going soon. I believe I have seen some before, but, at the time, I wasn't interested. When I go, I will tell everyone what I find.

Julian
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes --Marcel Proust--

If you plan on buying chopsticks, I suggest getting two sets, a very nice set for just eating and another set for just about everything else...I find that a cheap generic wood set is great in the kitchen for all sorts of things, but not something that you would want to use a very nice set on. They're great for cooking (esp. stir fry noodles if you don't want to break up the noodles too much), stirrers, getting all the smoothie out of the blender and getting nasty crap that falls down the food disposal, etc. I also find the cheap disposable ones you get with your take out a bit too small and weak and can't hold up to many tasks but still worth keeping around.

And you should expect to lose them, break them, warp them in the dishwasher, and have them all discolored--just like a nice patina on a knife!

Thanks for the ideas!

When I ordered my chopsticks I also got some bamboo saibashi.

Julian
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes --Marcel Proust--

+ Reply to Thread