• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

270mm Shigefusa gyoto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Much earlier in the year I ordered a 240 Kitaeji and a 270 Kasumi. I had planned on keeping both but they both showed up two weeks before Christmas so the timing sucks. I have decided to keep the 240.
Asking 610 shipping and PP fees included to the lower 48. I'm happy to ship international but would charge actual shipping costs.
It was never used, and comes with the blue box and Japanese newspaper it was wrapped with.

WP_20131213_003.jpg

WP_20131213_009.jpg

WP_20131213_005.jpg

WP_20131213_004.jpg

Hey... Nice Mcintosh 6200 you have there. :thumbsup:

What is the height? btw nice pics.

Thanks! Love my Nokia phone!

I measure 2 1/8 inches which if my math is correct would be 53.975mm. Just for a comparison the 240 is 1 and 7/8 or 47.625. I'm including the inches in case my conversion is incorrect:biggrin:

Last edited:
Is it a laser? what is the thickness above the heel/mid point/near the tip?
I once had a 240mm shige but did not like its thinness and I could even vend it with little force.

I would not characterize it as a laser. If you try to bend it, it will flex a little but you have to push pretty hard. I like to think of it and Shigefusa gyoto's in general as between the laser and a workhorse.

I don't own calipers so I don't want to guess.

Price drop to 590 same terms.

What is the length from heel to tip?

Back