270mm sujihiki suggestions $270 and under

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sel1k1

Reaction score
I am in the market for my first sujihiki 270mm - 300mm. Being that my budget is $270, I assume I won't be able to find a 300mm.

Right now I have found a few sujihiki; Blazen from JCK or CKTG, Sakai from Blueway(white #2), and a few others that I am not remembering at the moment.

Also, what sujihiki do you own? Which suji was your first? How much did you pay? Pics are nice.

Hattori KF from JCK. Great first suji. Tried and true. Not to thick, not to thin. Good steel, great fit and finish. Hard to go wrong with.

Pesky

Ohhhhhhh. I am looking at these now, the cocobolo handle looks nice.

Short of a custom, I've still not found a better suji than the Kikuichi Elite Carbon. If that leaves enough for a custom handle (haven't checked prices in a while) then it's damn sure a fine choice.

JKI has several that are well within your budget. I have an Ashi 270mm that I've been very happy with. The FnF is perfect, very thin and light, and a great cutter. Jon's Gesshin line is made by Ashi, and taken up a notch, would also be a great choice. Anyway, check out JKI, anything Jon sells will be top shelf.

Great, looking now at JKI and Carbon Elite.

Top shelf, eh? I would've said "upper drawer" :D

I'm a suji fiend. My gyutos rarely get used anymore because I love my sujihikis and petty for everything.

sujis I currently have
- 300 Konosuke white#2
- 270 Konosuke HD (w/ ebony handle)
- 270 Fujiwara FKM

sujis I've since sold
- 270 Kagayaki CarboNext
- 240 Fujiwara FKH

Here are my 270 suji recommendations with your budget:
+ carbon & wa-handle - Konosuke white#2
+ carbon & yo-handle - Kikuichi Elite
+ stain resist & wa-handle - Konosuke HD or Gesshin Ginga
+ stain resist & yo-handle - Gesshin Ginga

You can look up some of my previous posts to see pics.

Back