Sous Vide Serious Eats tests the Anova, Sansaire, and Nomiku Sous-Vide Circulators

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I read of the piece I am happy with my purchase. (sansaire) Also sounded like some problems he found have been taken care of with it.

anova just arrived this evening... sadly, i'm just getting home now well after dinner time :(

Jon, Would love to hear your thoughts on the Anova once you've had the opportunity to spend some time with it. As well as other's thoughts on the Sansaire.

I opened it up last night after getting home and made an egg, because i didnt want to wake up my kid with the vacuum sealer at midnight ;)

The build quality feels really nice, the controls are pretty straightforward, i like the directional flow of the water, and it works quickly enough for me. In all honesty, i thnink i'm going to like it more than the polyscience creative that i've used at a friends house before. Trying to cook some real food with it soon, but have dinner plans tonight sadly.

posted this in another tread too:
"finally got to use it tonight for a steak (skirt steak... new mexico style)... really happy with speed of heating up, temp consistency, and flow direction control... i set the timer, and i expected it to beep or something, but nothing like that happened... i wonder what that is all about... it just kept going, but the timer stopped. Anyways, steak came out perfectly... temp was spot on. So far, so good."

Back