Exceptional Curly Koa - Big Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon UPS showed up with another shipment of stabilized wood.
So.....I dropped everything and worked into the night getting some of the blocks cleaned up and posted into our webstore.
I started out with one of my favorites. Curly Koa. These are very high grade blocks with exceptional figure and unusual coloring.
Kind of spendy with many priced at $100+. But when you look at the photos you will see why. Many of the blocks are 2"+ wide so they can be used for handles on fighters or other large handle knives. I have posted about a dozen so far with 2 dozen more being added today.

Click on the photo to go to the Brand New Pieces section of the webstore.

I added a bunch more Koa blocks today and some stabilized Ebony too. The white ones are Pale Moon Ebony with some burl figure. The darker ones are Gabon Ebony with some subtle figure. The Ebony is this week's featured wood so they are marked down at discount prices.

Damn it Farley.......You keep on and I'm going to have to buy some more knives!
Kind of like your avatar. Just when you think you have gotten away, there he is again.
Next I will be cleaning up some bog oak, fiddleback mango, super curly maple. amboyna and nargusta burl.

Back