Just got off the phone with Mark

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato42

Reaction score
Well after adding one of the sweet new pieces of Ringed Gidgee to my cart, I called to get a confirmation from Mark on the orientation of the wood so I knew what to expect when it was cut. Mark answered the phone promptly and was able to answer my question right away. He took the time to chat with me, and seemed genuinely enthusiastic about what he gets to do (play with pretty wood!) He even offered to look for some pieces that suit my taste and size preferences and get back to me. I only wish I had more money to spend with him.

Mark has all the signs of a quality vendor, and I'm glad he has joined us here on KKF.

I've bought stuff from Mark before. His pictures are spot on. What you see is what you get.

Man, I saw Mark and Addict, and I was thinking, WTH happened.

Then, I saw the category.

Awesome woods. Too bad my knife buying days are over.

I'll just stick to one of Adam's finest creations. I marvel at it every day. It just fits me so well.

Since these days everyone is making handles, I may slow down with buying wood a bit myself :cool2:. What I have should last until 2029 at the rate I am working at :rolleyes2: But it's so hard to say no when these 'special pieces' pop up.

Stefan

What's the link for his site anyway?

Nevermind, found it in the other thread. Mark, you should list your website address in your signature. I think that's cool with the forum rules.

img9336v.jpg

Old picture

Just sharpened an hour ago. Scratches and all. It's no drawer queen.

Semi Burl Ironwood shaped like Hattori FH, but a little stout, a trademark of Mr. Adam. Fits perfectly.

img9340el.jpg

img9338j.jpg

img9347.jpg

i too have dealt before and got great service
and since i get odd ball sizes im glad that he works with me on it

Back