• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter funayuki -- Aogami super blue, ironwood

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkmk

Reaction score
I bought several petties and small gyutos to try to find the perfect one for my wife, and she preferred something else (not as nice). This is essentially unused, and has never been sharpened. Sorely tempted to keep it for myself, but....

5.2 sun (6-1/4" heel to tip)
1-9/16" at heel
stainless fukugozai -- stainless clad, with an Aogami super blue core
desert ironwood scales in beautiful condition

$250 shipped via USPS priority mail. Pics below:

p488228799-4.jpg

p443763105-4.jpg

This one is sold and en route to Orange -- thanks for the interest, everybody!

Nice score. That was a very tempting knife, especially since it's hard to get anything in Super Blue from Carter these days.

Nice score. That was a very tempting knife, especially since it's hard to get anything in Super Blue from Carter these days.

I have seen a few things on his site that are made from Super Blue but they petty and pairing knives. This is the first one I have seen that was of this length. Im sure its going to be a great cutter. Id love to hear how his Blue is compared to the White.

Are you sure? There are a lot available on a certain "free shipping of knives" online store right now...

I have seen a few things on his site that are made from Super Blue but they petty and pairing knives. This is the first one I have seen that was of this length. Im sure its going to be a great cutter. Id love to hear how his Blue is compared to the White.

I have one of these and it's one of my favorite knives. It's so easy to sharpen and you can put a screaming sharp edge on it.

Are you sure? There are a lot available on a certain "free shipping of knives" online store right now...

I was referencing Carter's. I have a Takeda and its great but I would like to see what Murray can do with that steel. At $250 I think this was a great deal. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if any more of these pop up.

I was, too. You said that this was the first of this length you had seen, and I was saying that I had seen several available on a certain site that are similar to the one that was purchased here. Here is an knife similar to the OP, currently available and new, for $272:

DSC_5874__01363.1386886658.1280.1280.jpg

Well... there is no 'Super White', so that's the first flag in my mind. Murray Carter uses Shirogami #1 (White Steel #1). The OPs and the knife I shared are from the same batch that Murray made a long time ago. They were limited and not marked with an 'S' if I recall correctly.

Latest posts

Back