Quantcast
HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!! - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!!

The 12th one from the left looks absolutely amazing. Well they all look good, but that one in particular.

Beautiful handles! Randy, why do a few of them only have 2 rivets?

The ones with only 2 pins are Mosaics. Like these with African Blackwood!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackwood HHH production 003 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	21640  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I just got my HHH 240 Gyuto off the B/S/T and prepared dinner with it. The knife cuts well and the handle is comfortable. There is a little bit of stiction with squash. It's a great looking knife especially with the Rosewood handle, however this one suffers from some of the fit and finish issue as the others. The spine and choil were not rounded and there is a crack in the wood coming middle stainless pin on the right side of the blade. Nothing a little work won't cure.

Every time I use this knife, I fall just a little deeper in love with it. This is quickly becoming my go-to knife. French Onion soup tonight was a breeze. I may have to get on your list for a custom order!

Have a knife day!

Tracking shows mine landed in aus this morning. So fingers crossed tomorrow night I'll be chopping everything in sight
    Life's too short for bad food and bad wine.

I assume everyone here when they get a new knife does what I did tonight. That is, start chopping veg, wafer thin slicing, julienne, fine dice and anything else you feel like. Then like me I assume everyone realises that it's been 2 hours, you were supposed to be making dinner and you've chopped enough veg for 4 people when you only have to cook for yourself tonight. That's normal right?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
    I assume everyone here when they get a new knife does what I did tonight. That is, start chopping veg, wafer thin slicing, julienne, fine dice and anything else you feel like. Then like me I assume everyone realises that it's been 2 hours, you were supposed to be making dinner and you've chopped enough veg for 4 people when you only have to cook for yourself tonight. That's normal right?
    That's perfectly normal...at least in kkf.

lol yep. sounds about right.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Anyone sharpened one of these yet. Just from using it compared to my other aeb-l gyuto (brand not to be named) this feels like it will benefit from a higher grit finish than the 1000 chosera i'm using on my other knives. Good excuse for a new stone really. Any thoughts?