Quantcast
HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!!

#28 checking in.

only got to slice some tomatoes for sandwiches and strip steak for dinner today. in pinch grip it is the most comfortable knife i've encountered. my go-to was a Global GF33 and this knife is lighter and "quicker" at any given task. the thinner stock makes it light and precise. did not have to touch up the edge upon arrival.

so far very pleased and it will be the primary tool in my limited arsenal....

Did a little slicing comparison to a couple other knives that I typically use..... whipped through some mushrooms like lightning!

#22 I am impressed.Always wanted a Randy Haas handle,did not expect factory handle to be up to par,but it is comfortable & fit & finish on mine anyway is very good.The blade profile is designed by one who knows what works.Long flatter profile with a gentle rise at the tip.

This must be one of the nicest blades L&G has put out.You can tell thought went into the design & grind.Not just a slapped together knife thick behind the edge.

Finally, #37 was delivered today and it was worth all the wait. The handle is so beautiful and so comfortable. Fit and finish is nearly perfect. I was surprised at how light it was. Wasn't able to use it much but so far it goes through potatoes like it was nothing. I'd post pictures but only got crappy pics so probably not worth posting anyway. Thanks Randy and L&G, you guys did a great job on these.

Randy, are all the Haas' kickass bladesmith/burl junky/shipping expert?

Ferry
    I see, I like, I cut!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Well # 32 showed up today. Nice marbling err.... burl colors on the handle. will post pics soon.
    Chewie's the man.

So if all the numbered 240 gyutos don't sell do the winners of the giveaway get numbered knives?
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

The handle had some minor fit and finish issues. Asymmetrical left-right cuts at the recessed area. Cross-grain sanding marks visible. etc...

Edge was good out of the box, but didn't do any serious testing with it. Overall pleased with the product for the price.

thanks!

Great to hear many of these arrived, safe and sound!

Thanks for the input. and feedback!!

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by bahamaroot View Post
    So if all the numbered 240 gyutos don't sell do the winners of the giveaway get numbered knives?
    After Christmas Ill be sending out the winning knives. I hope to be able to send numbered. Waiting on last batch from L&G and will know for sure once they arrive.

Stay tuned. Ill take some photos of the 2 knives an share them on the Give Away Thread before I ship them out.

God Bless
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives