Quantcast
HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Talim View Post
    Finally, #37 was delivered today and it was worth all the wait. The handle is so beautiful and so comfortable. Fit and finish is nearly perfect. I was surprised at how light it was. Wasn't able to use it much but so far it goes through potatoes like it was nothing. I'd post pictures but only got crappy pics so probably not worth posting anyway. Thanks Randy and L&G, you guys did a great job on these.

Awesome. Great to hear yours made it out of Marlette, even if tracking didnt show it had!

Post them pictures!!

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by jakuda View Post
    The handle had some minor fit and finish issues. Asymmetrical left-right cuts at the recessed area. Cross-grain sanding marks visible. etc...

Edge was good out of the box, but didn't do any serious testing with it. Overall pleased with the product for the price.

thanks!
    Thanks for the note. I did see some fit and finish issues. Most were as you said. There is room for improvement. I have spoken with L&G about and this. They assure me as we move forward the fit and finish will be better.

The one thing that I will say about L&G is they are really trying, refining there processes. There willing to change to meet our needs, requirements etc. That tells me they care. There gona be refining the steps and get these small thing fixed as we move forward..

Merry Christmas and God Bless you and yours
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

That's one of the first things I looked at,the pinch grip recess was even left & right on my handle.Little shallow scratch in stainless pin.Minor,for the # of blades & tight timeline,think the L&G woodshop did alright.Randy do you know what kind of finish they put on the wood?

Lady Kathryn's knife looks superb. I'm sure she will be pleased. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Christmas for her to open it so I can use it!

Thanks for the nice custom touch, Randy, and for getting it here by Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

diced some tomatoes, tomatillos and green onion tonight.

weird getting used to a light and flexible blade after my Global tank.

wishing the blade was about 1/2" wider, but i have long fingers / big hands......

Quote Originally Posted by RGNY View Post
    diced some tomatoes, tomatillos and green onion tonight.

weird getting used to a light and flexible blade after my Global tank.

wishing the blade was about 1/2" wider, but i have long fingers / big hands......

AWESOME!! I chopped some wood from all the fallen trees from the ice storm. Still no power. running on generator. Thanks for sharing.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Neal View Post

Lady Kathryn's knife looks superb. I'm sure she will be pleased. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Christmas for her to open it so I can use it!

Thanks for the nice custom touch, Randy, and for getting it here by Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Availible Knives

oof. had one of those a couple years ago.

be well.

Still no power.

Im hopeful it will come back on today.. Yet not holding my breath.

Were safe and warm. and blessed with or without power!!

Thanks

Availible Knives

#100 made it to Tampa today.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcity View Post
    #100 made it to Tampa today.
    Great news!! Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and possibly some pictures!

Availible Knives