Quantcast
HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!! - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!!

#16 made it west across the US, despite apparently being lost by the USPS for several days in the middle. I'm not allowed to use it until Christmas, but I'll try to get back to you.

Good stuff Jack!! Glad it made it to ya safe and sound!!

I have a picture from a fellow KKF member to share! Thanks Joe!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HHH Productions!!.jpg‎
Views:	96
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	21129  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by jakuda View Post
    The handle had some minor fit and finish issues. Asymmetrical left-right cuts at the recessed area. Cross-grain sanding marks visible. etc...

Edge was good out of the box, but didn't do any serious testing with it. Overall pleased with the product for the price.

thanks!
    Noticed some issues with mine as well. Asymmetrical scales. An actual chip in the corner of the handle towards the choil. Some gaps and exposed epoxy. Vertical scratches in the wood and pins.

Also not a fan of the printed logo.

And I received a different number than the one I ordered.

Lastly, the wood, at least mine, is very unimpressive....

Blade finish seems decent. Grind and profile also seem functional.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

[QUOTE=NO ChoP!;270547]Noticed some issues with mine as well. Asymmetrical scales. An actual chip in the corner of the handle towards the choil. Some gaps and exposed epoxy. Vertical scratches in the wood and pins.

Also not a fan of the printed logo.

And I received a different number than the one I ordered.

Lastly, the wood, at least mine, is very unimpressive....

Blade finish seems decent. Grind and profile also seem functional.[/

Did you contact randy before posting this? Seems like you are in the vast minority.

Well, six positive comments doesn't denote "vast".

And, it's honest feedback. At $250 for a production knife, I don't see it as a "bargain". Rather I feel I paid a premium for a factory production knife with the stamp of a quality maker, thinking it ensured a quality standard.

Having to break out files, CA glue and micromesh wasn't expected.

Should I have sent this privately? Obviously, I feel no. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just being honest about a product that is currently offered for sale.

Number four in the house. More later with pics. Merry Christmas!!! Scales very nice!

I didn't like the printed logo either. And now that people have pointed it out, there are some scuff/grind marks on the tang and the pins but those don't really bother me. The only gyuto that I have to compare it to is a Tanaka Blue#2 and right now I think the Tanaka cuts better. I'm not sure if it's because of ootb edge or the grind. I also seem to prefer Tanaka's profile especially when slicing. I'm gonna give it some more time though to get used to it and see if my preferences changes or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Well, six positive comments doesn't denote "vast".

And, it's honest feedback. At $250 for a production knife, I don't see it as a "bargain". Rather I feel I paid a premium for a factory production knife with the stamp of a quality maker, thinking it ensured a quality standard.

Having to break out files, CA glue and micromesh wasn't expected.

Should I have sent this privately? Obviously, I feel no. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just being honest about a product that is currently offered for sale.

Fair enough, I guess what I meant to say is that you sound like an a@@

Nice slinging mud, dude.

If I bought something off Amazon, I would give an honest review for other potential buyers to read; positives and negatives. Why is not acceptable to post that I think my handle finish is a bit sub-par?

You are absolutely correct, I apologize.

+ Reply to Thread