Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: San Mai Pre Buy! By the 4th of July! Blue#2/Stainless 210mm and more!

San Mai Pre Buy! By the 4th of July! Blue#2/Stainless 210mm and more!

Hey guys and gals. Im pretty excited about a san mai project we are kicking off. You can view more images. and get even more details about the knives being offered on my web site under the Available Knives tab.

The Pre Buy will have a 210 Gyuto with new style handle and blade. (6 in total.)
    There will also be a K tip 80mm paring knife option. (6 in total.) And a 3 knife set option . Which will be the 210, and a 140mm petty and 80mm paring knife. all matching handles. (limit 2 in total.)

The PLAN!!!
    To have all of these done and delivered Before the 4th of July. I am currently already in progress so many will likely be even sooner!!
    All blades will be Stainless over Blue#2 high carbon core. HT to RC of 63.

All of these knives will have Ironwood handles. The 210mm gyuto is a full tang wa handle. The Petty and paring are traditional wa handles.

The Gyuto or the paring knife can be purchased as a stand alone. The petty's (limit 2) at this time will be sold as a set. To include one of each style and size knife. Details listed on my site.

I have a few in process photos of the actual blades I will be completing for this As well as a couple of sample images of similar blades and or handles to what you can expect on the finished knives!

Thanks to one and all for your support. Questions welcomed here or in PM.
    Randy

First set of images reflect the Gyuto design. and profile.
    Next few show the paring knife Both in design and materials etc..
    Last few photos show the actual blades on my bench in process.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8408 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	31130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8384 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	374.0 KB 
ID:	31131  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8330 (800x522).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	415.2 KB 
ID:	31132   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6062 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	491.8 KB 
ID:	31133  

Name:	IMG_6079 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	491.5 KB 
ID:	31134   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8414 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	304.0 KB 
ID:	31135  

Name:	IMG_8468 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	31136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8463 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	310.1 KB 
ID:	31137  

Name:	IMG_8453 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	373.9 KB 
ID:	31138  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives

Wanted to add a photo of the 3 blades for size and profile reference.

Also wanted to open this up a little, to offer a pre buy in feather damascus Same blade styles. sizes and handle materials. But with HHH Feather damascus as a optional upgrade. Thoughts?

If there is enough interest I would also do stand alone san mai petty's.. Just let me know if thats something you guys would like to see!

Blessings
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8474 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	31140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8472 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	336.8 KB 
ID:	31139  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives

Randy, why is the 210 not available with a WA? Is it weight distribution? BTW they look great.

Bill. Originally I had only planned on doing the 211's And I wanted to do a batch with the modified wa style handle I have been testing..

If you want a wa in a set. rather then a western. I will make it! Same offer for anyone else for that matter. But to do so. We will need to chat on email. or PM

Thanks

Available Knives

Is this going to be the price going forward? I'm trying to hold off on buying more knives until I move (to around Royal Oak, MI BTW). I would be really interested in buying a gyuto come September or so. If not, it wouldn't be hard to convince me to get in on a petty.

Ash, Thanks for the question. This price and possibly even this spasific style or size at this price with these materials .. are for this pre buy.
    I would however love to work with ya either on a petty now or a knife after your move. Just let me know through PM if ya want to move forward with the petty and we can hash out a price. Or email me Here..
    randy (AT) HHHcustomknives DoT C O M

You are second one who wants a petty. so I am leaning toward offering them for this pre buy. Probably doing about the same number as I plan to di in Gyuto's and paring knives.

Available Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Ash, Thanks for the question. This price and possibly even this spasific style or size at this price with these materials .. are for this pre buy.
    I would however love to work with ya either on a petty now or a knife after your move. Just let me know through PM if ya want to move forward with the petty and we can hash out a price. Or email me Here..
    randy (AT) HHHcustomknives DoT C O M

You are second one who wants a petty. so I am leaning toward offering them for this pre buy. Probably doing about the same number as I plan to di in Gyuto's and paring knives.
    How about a 240mm in this profile but old style handle? Mean no disrespect, I just personally prefer that handle but and interested in this new steel and profile

Quote Originally Posted by KCMande View Post
    How about a 240mm in this profile but old style handle? Mean no disrespect, I just personally prefer that handle but and interested in this new steel and profile
    Sure thing. Shoot me a PM Lets get it on the lists and Ill make it happen!

Available Knives

After a night of pondering this buy I am in. Looking forward to it!

Love the three, side by side, perfect set?.?.?.?.?.....
    Good food is essential, where knives are an integral part of the process.