Quantcast
HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!! - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: HHH Knives 240mm AEB-L forum thread!!

Last edited by chefpaulm; 02-02-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: pic was a no go

Great to hear Chef. Thanks for the update. and post! I will share your picture here.

When I first looking at AEB-L I was less then impressed with the specs of the steel But after using and sharpening the stuff. I thought it worthy of testing further. So after many tests, and without getting into the science behind WHY it works as well as it does. I am happy to say AEB-L Stainless ROCKS! Possibly the ultimate Stainless for kitchen knives! I think it acts and feels alot like a great Carbon steel. Both on the stones. as well as how the edge feels and acts! With the attributes of Stainless steel. And thats one of the reasons I chose it for these knives.

Stay Sharp!
    Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Randy Thanks for the help!

My pleasure chef. I also wanted to say Congrats to you and your son. Thats a great accomplishment. Im sure your very proud.

God Bless
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Randy Thanks for the kind words!

Now that these knives are out there and in everyone's hands how is everyone enjoying the 240mm AEB-L gyuto? I personally have been using it quite a bit and has turned into my go-to knife for general prep work. Keep in mind I am only a home cook but I do experiment quite a bit and have a knife in my hand every day for dinner prep. So far it has been great after a little touch-up on the stones. There is still some general sticking on starches but overall the balance makes it feel and handle like a 210mm. I can fly through dinner prep without the fear of losing a finger along the way.

I have two of them & have to say they are my favorite, "go to" knife. Extremely comfortable in hand (minimum fatigue), holds edge, minimal sticktion, a true pleasure to use! Props to Randy on producing a genuine culinary tool.

I know Randy took quite a beating on these knives, which I think was unwarranted. I think these knives could of sold for twice the price.

Hey, Thanks guys for the mini reviews and info. I have received many emails or PM's I am pleased with the response and input on these. and how they preform.

There were a few small fit and finish issues. That have been addressed and fixed. That said. these beings a first run. and my first production anything. I think we nailed it because the knives cut and preform above my expectations! To me thats what its all about. Making and or offering a great cutting tool.

Just a little more info. These have been so well received I am planning on a second batch of them. AND. Im working on a new batch of knives with L&G and proto typing a couple other knife designs to see where I will go next with the HHH Production chef knives!

Thanks to one and all!
    Randy

Availible Knives

Great news Randy! I had to put away all my knives except for one because we have has a 2 year old in the house. The one I picked to use exclusively was the HHH. Such a great knife!

A wonderful western style gyuto. These really take a great edge and it holds up very well and it's very nimble for its size. My "All American" mag bar is populated with Carter, Devin, Ealy, Fowler, and HHH and it's like eeni meeni miny, moe who's getting a work out today? Great production knife Randy.