Thread: WTB gyuto-hiki or tall suji

WTB gyuto-hiki or tall suji

I am looking for a gyuto-hiki 250mm-270mm Any steel and preferably wa handled, but western handled ones will be considered. I would like to keep it around $250 but can go a bit higher for something awesome. Yoshikane hammered 270mm sujis are also a possibility for this price range.

OR

I will also consider 270mm sujihikis of any variety, preferably carbon or semi stainless wa-handled Trying to keep this under $200 since I don't need to use sujihikis very often.

Thanks for looking. Lets see what you got.

-Mike
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

A workmate of mine just picked up a 270 hiromoto g3 suji. Stainless, I know, but a cracking gyuto-hiki profile. Quite tall, good knuckle clearance, great profile, sharpens well (deburred like carbon, but didn't feel like carbon on the stones) and is really well ground - thin, with pretty good food release, but I think that this is less important with a narrower blade.

I can't comment on edge retention, but I like the knife a lot.

Obviously way below you price range as well, but I though I'd mention it.

OP is not looking for recommendations, he's looking for for available knives from KKF members that fit the bill. Please keep the thread on topic. Thanks

Thank you for the recommendation Dusty. However Martell is correct in this instance. I am looking for a used knife in hopes of getting something awesome for a lower than new price.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

WTB: Canceled.

Alright. Due to recent developments at work my need for a suji has gone from a little to practically none. So I am removing this.

Thank you.