Stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessePowers

Reaction score
Currently using shapton stones. Chef has gesshin. I like the convenience of splash and go with the shaptons and am pretty happy with their performance, but I also really like the way the gesshin stones "feel". Comfortable sharpening with good results but fairly novice to the options of stones out there and would just like some feedback from you guys that are well versed.

There are splash and go stones that aren't the glass series that would probably feel much better than your shaptons. I have heard that they feel "harsh." My boss uses a full splash and go line up including shapton pro, shapton glass, naniwa, etc. I really like the convenience of splash and go and I am going to pick some up soon to use at work.

Soakers always feel better to me than splash and go. That being said, Jon also sells Gesshins that are splash and go, they have some of the best feedback for splash and go's that I have used. Jon also sells diamond stones that feel pretty nice. I will bring them both with me next time I visit, you can try them both out.

Awesome! Thanks John! I think I agree generally about liking soaked stones. My shapton pros do a great job if you keep them wet bet they do sometimes feel choppy. Especially with single bevel knives that have a lot of surface area contact with the stone.

Back