Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best olives for Vodka Martinis?

Quote Originally Posted by xuz View Post
    Does anyone know the preferred temperature for vodka martini?
    A buddy of mine told me he likes his chilled quite a bit, James Bond like.
    Well I'm a gin guy, but prolly the same. If you stir, make it as cold as you can get it. If you shake, shake until it's getting too cold to hold in the (hopefully metal) shaker by hand. A shaken drink should definitely have little chips of ice floating on top after the pour. I'm a stir fan, so judge temp by feel through a thin metal container ( just like a good barista will determine proper milk temp when steaming- which I also do...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hbeernink View Post
    Well if you have an excuse to be in Oregon give a holler- plenty to dink in this house (and this town) and plenty of knives to geek out on. Oh, and some good food too.
    Duly noted!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I picked up a two pack of Costco olives and some Roquefort cheese at WF.
    Will report back!

Quote Originally Posted by compaddict View Post
    I picked up a two pack of Costco olives and some Roquefort cheese at WF.
    Will report back!
    ya, let us know how they come out. that's gotta be a lot of olives..... good that you're making your own
    I'm lazy, so I usually just buy the sicilian bleu cheese olives that Armstrong makes, but when I've stuffed them myself I think they're much better

We have a winner. The olives are fantastic and with the two pack you have an extra jar to steal the juice from. Took about an hour to swap the Pimento for a whole jar. Now.. What to do with the extra olives.

i just use Goya cocktail olives. five on a bamboo fork (have to share with the wife).

Vodka: Luksusowa

Gin: Sapphire or Hendricks

Quote Originally Posted by compaddict View Post
    We have a winner. The olives are fantastic and with the two pack you have an extra jar to steal the juice from. Took about an hour to swap the Pimento for a whole jar. Now.. What to do with the extra olives.
    I've done that a couple times and just throw the blue cheese olives in the freezer and just take them out as needed. Now, I mostly make them fresh.

Large Italian green olive, pitted, and stuffed with German triple cream blue cheese. For the martini, equal parts Tanqueray gin and Chopin vodka. Stirred, not shaken. Served in an 8 ounce Waterford Lismore martini glass.

To stuff the olives, I get a 5cc syringe from the Doc, cut off the front to leave a cylinder shape, stick it in the cheese to get the right amount, and insert into the olive.

This recipe has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

I just picked up some anchovie stuffed olives today at our local olive oil joint and they are going very well with some Kettle One tonight. Really needed it after I had to go shopping for tomorrow's dinner. The store was a zoo!!