• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Shigefusa 240mm kasumi gyuto w/ saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asteger

Reaction score
Got this one new less than a year ago and it's seen only sparing use at home, so it's still in excellent condition. Kasumi finish has been maintained with only slight signs of use on the cladding and a tiny ding at the heel. Never thinned so geometry is intact and only sharpened lightly on fine Jnats. Handle is the original (very comfortable) ho wood D from Sanjo and it's got a perfect ho wood saya with ebony pin, which is not very common. Love this one, but these days I tend to use chukabocho a lot and so if I want a gyuto only something more substantial, my Kato, feels right. Oh, and I've spent too much on Jnats recently and need to recoup a bit. Asking $500 w/ PP fees and international shipping included.

Photos to follow....

Maybe more pictures than I need, but this one looked so good when I got the camera out I couldn't resist...

Front:
Shigefusafront_zpsddf5e70f.jpg

Kanji:
Shigefusakanji_zps3bffad29.jpg

The front at another angle:
Shigefusaangle_zps36b21256.jpg

Back:
Shigefusaback_zps74f6dda6.jpg

Choil:
Shigefusachoil_zpsd40bd60c.jpg

In saya:
Shigefusasaya_zps815dc851.jpg

Thanks, guys. I hope they're nice enough that someone will decide to buy it!

Would you consider trades?

Yes I might, though I guess would prefer the $. Maybe if it would involve a jnat, Chinese cleaver (Sugimoto?) or ... I don't know. Please PM if you have any ideas.

Thanks, Huw. Sure it's a good deal!

Sorry, I don't know the weight - no scale at home. If anyone needs to know I can take it over to the grocery around the corner and weigh it there. ;)

Back