Optima battery finally died!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
It's been like an old friend to me, it's spent many years in many vehicles, been drained dead more times than I can recall, it even spent a 3 year stint in storage and the whole time I've owned it I never paid it any mind - zero maintanence - nada. This battery has been in my '85 Bronco, '94 Cougar, '96 Chevy work truck, and most recently the family van. If I did the math correctly I got more than 13 years (10 of actual use) out of this battery, I guess I have nothing to do now but buy another. :)

DCP_1614.jpg

optima-spiral.jpg

yep they are good stuff and when its time i think im upgrading

+1 on Optima. I had a Red Top for years. I put an Odyssey in my motorcycle and would seriously consider one for my truck.

-AJ

Wow that's a heck of a lot if use!

I find battery technology to be rather fascinating myself. Much like knives, the perfect battery is dependant on your intended use and you usually get what you pay for. We use so many different battery chemistries on a daily basis it seems absurd sometimes.

Yep, there is a reason why just about every segment of every aftermarket automotive crowd prefers optimas.

Back