Quantcast
What are you making for Christmas dinner? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you making for Christmas dinner?

Wife's family tradition on Christmas eve- fondue with lots of great wine to accompany
    Christmas morning I'm thinking French toast for some odd reason, with eggs and spicy sweet maple breakfast sausage I make.
    For dinner I'm going to try smoking a 25# turkey that my wife was given from work. This will be new territory for me....hmmmm

Not making anything this year - visiting my folks and my Mom is cooking Potato salad and sausages has been somewhat of a tradition for Christmas eve, Sauerbraten with red cabbage, brussel sprouts and potatoes or dumplings on Christmas was my Christmas wish this year.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Our traditional holiday fare--Pizza!
    me, too.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Reservations.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Paella

Gravadlax with pickled cucumbers and caraway seed brioche followed by Roast beef tenderloin rubbed with garlic and rosemary and wrapped in bacon.Glazed baby carrots.Either roast potatoes,Pont Neuf or mash depending on how i feel in the morning.Fried brussel sprouts,spinach puree and Wild mushroom jus.Dessert will probably just be whisky.

im working..... staff meal....

Pozole and cornbread

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    Wife's family tradition on Christmas eve- fondue with lots of great wine to accompany
    Christmas morning I'm thinking French toast for some odd reason, with eggs and spicy sweet maple breakfast sausage I make.
    For dinner I'm going to try smoking a 25# turkey that my wife was given from work. This will be new territory for me....hmmmm
    The only thing to remember is to finish the bird in a 500 degree oven for about 20 min to crisp the skin. Actually on the Cookshack forum there are quite a few people that believe the smoke stops penetrating the meat at about 140 degrees so they pull it then and finish it in the oven at 450. I usually cover whole birds with a butter (ummm butter!) soaked cheese cloth for the first few hours of smoking so the skin doesn't get too "smoked"

Rice flour waffles for breakfast
    Goat Curry for dinner