Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you making for Christmas dinner?

Xmas eve duck breast with a bing cherry balsamic vinegar and German wild cherry liqueur with shallots reduction sauce, broiled asparagus, and wild rice.

Xmas day oven slow cooked smoked brisket, latkes, creole eggplant with oysters, crawfish and scallops, and salad with an apple balsamic walnut oil vinaigrette.

Our daughter got a pic of the choc souffle, but the homemade pasta, shrimp scampi, mussels, fresh french bread (bought), made for a wonderful meal last night. Great family time with my Bro, who came in from Atlanta, Mom, and the four of us. We really enjoyed ourselves.

I ran out of gas and started head nodding at 10 PM, I hit the sheets and was out within seconds. Best night of sleep I've had in quite some time, as I didn't wake up until like 5 this morning.

Godspeed all, may all your love show through if you're cooking, and enjoy the Festivus for the rest of us.

I'll be starting my ox tails shortly to get the day rolling over here for our prime rib. Letting Everyone sleep in until I can't wait any longer. Then they'll start making homemade donuts for breakfast.

Merry Christmas.

Xmas morning we're having Country Ham, Garlic/Cheese Grits and eggs. I'm getting ready to fire up my smoker to infuse my 6lb ribeye roast for a day of cherry wood smoke. Kind of wish I had a BGE. It's 20 degrees out and I'm not sure how my Weber Smoky Mtn Smoker will do.

Santa got me one of these. Not for the kitchen, but let's just say the oven temp is spot on.

trio of oysters (kumamoto, watch hill, race rock) and littlenecks w/mignonette
    smoked spanish mackerel w/sourdough sunflower rye crisps
    roast honey glazed hudson valley duck breast
    HV duck confit
    traditional herb stuffing (made w/homemade country bread)
    slow roasted market leeks
    country bread and cheeses (st nectar, garrotxa, pyrenis brebis, fromager de affinois)
    pistachio cake

i've been cooking for three days.
    merry christmas y'all!

"Samgyetang"- Korean ginseng chicken soup. There's nothing better on a cold night than hot Samgyetang!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    Rice flour waffles for breakfast
    Goat Curry for dinner
    My kids love pancakes and waffles made with rice and or coconut flour. I'd appreciate any suggestions .

Just got the Christmas pie ready to pop in the oven...

Name:  ChristmasPieBefore.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  22.8 KB
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Beef stew and Barnett 2001 Spring Mtn Cab. Made strawberry crepes for brunch.

Pasta Course - Free Form Goat Cheese Mousse Ravioli, Caramelized Fennel, Fronds/Orange Zest/Butter Sauce, Speck

[IMG][/IMG]