What are you making for Christmas dinner?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm doing beef tenderloin with tawny port cranberry sauce; mashed potatoes with parsnips, roasted garlic, and rosemary; sautéed brussel sprouts with lemon.

Rib roast, but no other details at this point. Will depend on what my wife finds left in the grocery store tomorrow morning.

Xmas eve - shrimp scampi with home made pasta - dessert: chocolate souffle
Xmas morning - homemade donuts
Xmas dinner - prime rib roast - dessert: lemon meringue pie

Good ol' fashioned Pot Roast. Going home tomorrow to spend the next couple of days with the family and wanted something pretty straight forward and easy. There will just be five of us for a change so it will be fun. Last year I did red sauce with homemade pappardelle which was a huge hit. I find that Thanksgiving is generally very traditional at my parents house, but Christmas can really be anything. Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday.

If the electric is back by Christmas were doing smoked turkey breast w some roasted veggies. Mashes potatoes with turkey gravy..

If no electric. Its gona be something like, Chocolate covered Pretzels and Chips and salsa with ramen noodles!! ;)

Either way. we will enjoy. I hope you all have a safe and Merry Christmas!

Pizza Rustica and crepes for breakfast. Sous vide french roast and lobster tails a la Mucho for dinner.

Wife's family tradition on Christmas eve- fondue with lots of great wine to accompany
Christmas morning I'm thinking French toast for some odd reason, with eggs and spicy sweet maple breakfast sausage I make.
For dinner I'm going to try smoking a 25# turkey that my wife was given from work. This will be new territory for me....hmmmm

Not making anything this year - visiting my folks and my Mom is cooking :) Potato salad and sausages has been somewhat of a tradition for Christmas eve, Sauerbraten with red cabbage, brussel sprouts and potatoes or dumplings on Christmas was my Christmas wish this year.

Stefan

Gravadlax with pickled cucumbers and caraway seed brioche followed by Roast beef tenderloin rubbed with garlic and rosemary and wrapped in bacon.Glazed baby carrots.Either roast potatoes,Pont Neuf or mash depending on how i feel in the morning.Fried brussel sprouts,spinach puree and Wild mushroom jus.Dessert will probably just be whisky.

Wife's family tradition on Christmas eve- fondue with lots of great wine to accompany
Christmas morning I'm thinking French toast for some odd reason, with eggs and spicy sweet maple breakfast sausage I make.
For dinner I'm going to try smoking a 25# turkey that my wife was given from work. This will be new territory for me....hmmmm

The only thing to remember is to finish the bird in a 500 degree oven for about 20 min to crisp the skin. Actually on the Cookshack forum there are quite a few people that believe the smoke stops penetrating the meat at about 140 degrees so they pull it then and finish it in the oven at 450. I usually cover whole birds with a butter (ummm butter!) soaked cheese cloth for the first few hours of smoking so the skin doesn't get too "smoked"

Xmas eve duck breast with a bing cherry balsamic vinegar and German wild cherry liqueur with shallots reduction sauce, broiled asparagus, and wild rice.

Xmas day oven slow cooked smoked brisket, latkes, creole eggplant with oysters, crawfish and scallops, and salad with an apple balsamic walnut oil vinaigrette.

Our daughter got a pic of the choc souffle, but the homemade pasta, shrimp scampi, mussels, fresh french bread (bought), made for a wonderful meal last night. Great family time with my Bro, who came in from Atlanta, Mom, and the four of us. We really enjoyed ourselves.

I ran out of gas and started head nodding at 10 PM, I hit the sheets and was out within seconds. Best night of sleep I've had in quite some time, as I didn't wake up until like 5 this morning.

Godspeed all, may all your love show through if you're cooking, and enjoy the Festivus for the rest of us.

I'll be starting my ox tails shortly to get the day rolling over here for our prime rib. Letting Everyone sleep in until I can't wait any longer. Then they'll start making homemade donuts for breakfast.

Merry Christmas.

Xmas morning we're having Country Ham, Garlic/Cheese Grits and eggs. I'm getting ready to fire up my smoker to infuse my 6lb ribeye roast for a day of cherry wood smoke. Kind of wish I had a BGE. It's 20 degrees out and I'm not sure how my Weber Smoky Mtn Smoker will do.

trio of oysters (kumamoto, watch hill, race rock) and littlenecks w/mignonette
smoked spanish mackerel w/sourdough sunflower rye crisps
roast honey glazed hudson valley duck breast
HV duck confit
traditional herb stuffing (made w/homemade country bread)
slow roasted market leeks
country bread and cheeses (st nectar, garrotxa, pyrenis brebis, fromager de affinois)
pistachio cake

i've been cooking for three days.
merry christmas y'all!

"Samgyetang"- Korean ginseng chicken soup. There's nothing better on a cold night than hot Samgyetang!!:hungry:

Just got the Christmas pie ready to pop in the oven...

ChristmasPieBefore.jpg

Beef stew and Barnett 2001 Spring Mtn Cab. Made strawberry crepes for brunch.

Pasta Course - Free Form Goat Cheese Mousse Ravioli, Caramelized Fennel, Fronds/Orange Zest/Butter Sauce, Speck

photo5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back