Quantcast
Request From Forum Members
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Request From Forum Members

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar

Request From Forum Members

Please stop the miscellaneous comments in the "For Sale" sub-forum. I know you are either/or both trying to increase your post count or trying to help the sale, but in reality you are cluttering up the thread. This is the only forum the admins/mods don't police the "For Sale" sub-forum, and it gets frustrating sorting through all the "Cool knife!" and "I wish I had the funds!" posts. Can we just limit the posts to "PM sent" or requests for more specs to help out potential buyers?

I'm not trying to sound like an *******, but in the end it helps everyone out. Please don't take offense if you've been guilty of this, as I'm sure we all have done it at one point.

Jason
    Jason

Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

I actually do "patrol" the BST quite a bit. Of course I've noticed the number of GLWS, great knife, and wish-I-had-the-funds posts. My take on it is that these supportive posts reflect the community nature of KKF and the ties between members that go beyond just the transactions. I'll admit that it's one-sided in that supportive posts are allowed but negative posts in the BST would not be.

It did not occur to me that the supportive comments and occasional side-track discussions would be an issue.

I welcome comments from both sides of the matter here. This really isn't something that has ever been brought up for discussion either within the community as a whole or amongst the moderator team. Comments here will help us all gauge where folks are at regarding commentary in the BST.
    Len

I've brought it up to Dave before in PM. I know it's been discussed among mods in private, but no consensus has come of it. Post away in every other thread, but leave the sanctity of the "For Sale" sub-forum so members don't have to sort through useless comments.
    Jason

I don't see what's the big deal about the additional comments people make in a B/S/T thread. It's been going on since day one and that's been almost three years. Now I do agree that if the OP made a post which changed to their original offer and it's buried down amongst the peanut gallery posts, well, it could be missed. It would be nice if the OP could change their original post at any time rather than having to make secondary posts to indicate adjustments were made to the original offer.

I guess I'll play along and stop with the oohs and ahhs comments for the time being.

I've always just thought of them as being nice ways of saying: 'bump'
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    I don't see what's the big deal about the additional comments people make in a B/S/T thread. It's been going on since day one and that's been almost three years. Now I do agree that if the OP made a post which changed to their original offer and it's buried down amongst the peanut gallery posts, well, it could be missed. It would be nice if the OP could change their original post at any time rather than having to make secondary posts to indicate adjustments were made to the original offer.

I guess I'll play along and stop with the oohs and ahhs comments for the time being.
    You make a really good point, the thread starter should have the ability to edit their posts so they can inform new readers the updated price or whether it's been sold. Included should be the ability to change the title to "SOLD". Maybe this would be a happy compromise to the issue? After it's been sold, chat away.
    Jason

it does help =D

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    You make a really good point, the thread starter should have the ability to edit their posts so they can inform new readers the updated price or whether it's been sold. Included should be the ability to change the title to "SOLD". Maybe this would be a happy compromise to the issue? After it's been sold, chat away.
    The reason I brought this up is I'm a member of accurateshooter dot com. This site has a huge B/S/T sub forum, offering more stuff for sale in one month than KKF does in a year. The reason I point out the volume is that the OP is allowed to make changes to their post and I have never seen any problems because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    +1 though I do agree that allowing the OP to edit his for sale posts would be nice so that you can tell from the first post whether the knife is still for sale.

Cheers and GLWS
    one man gathers what another man spills...